Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

An Open Apology to Wayne Gerdes

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 04:33 AM
Banned

As most of you frequent visitors are aware, the feud that has been going on between Xcl and djasonw has come to a crescendo. My extreme passion for my '04 Prius has extremely clouded my judgement. Unfortunately, none of you folks really know me at all, but in my normal life, I prefer to have as little stress as possible. Ever since November 8th of last year my life changed when I got rid of all my gas guzzlers (Jeep Liberty, Mercedes C320 and Audi Allroad) and took delivery of my Prius. After I received the car, I continued to feed my passion by reading as much information as I could. One of the boards had some unwarranted negative comments which I attempted to refute. It became a pissing match which no one really won. I realize that my intentions were genuine, but futile at best. One person, me , can't change the world. It is best for me to apologize to Wayne for the disparaging remarks I said about him. I will continue to debate, if necessary, in a civil tone. I also wish to apologize to the other posters who had to wade through the nonsense. I hope everyone, especially Wayne, can accept my apology. Please be advised, that I was not coerced into this. The host of this board did NOT compel me, but did suggest that I post this message here. I agreed, as I really thought it would be a good idea. I'll be the first to admit, I can be juvenile at times, but I am really a smart and caring person. I hope you accept my apologies and accept me back into your community.

Old 06-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Site Founder

I really appreciate this, and hope that others do, as well. At this board we welcome all points of view. Just as long as they're expressed with composure and intelligence. I think that as long as we all remember this, there shouldn't be many conflicts on a day to day basis.

Old 06-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Djasonw:

___Thank you! I hope our future paths and discussions contain a bit more civility then the discussions we have had in the recent past. I am not clean in the matter by any means but let’s hope our future discussions will help instead of harm.

___You still love your Prius and I still like the Focus, Corolla, Camry, and Accord … And my Insight’s fuel economy

___Good Luck to you and yours.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 06-03-2004, 04:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Djasonw,
I understand man, thanks for putting up a heartfelt apology. I know that at many times I can be unreasonable in my bias against the Big Three (yes, i do have one...for obvious reasons, like the CAFE standard that they loophole around). Anyway, its good to have you back on civil terms and it should be a joy to have you here.
Cheers,
Steven

Old 06-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

xcel... i've always wondered why your posts have those underscores before each point