Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Proper Credit, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Banned
Red face Proper Credit, Etc.

This is the last thing I say publically about this.

A recent picture on a Honda Insight's dashboard indicated it had traveled 439.9 miles getting 100.1 mpg. A simple Google search (here) indicated that it was from a since deleted post by Richard Reece - a well known hypermiler and not the one that posted the picture.

Different topic is sort of funny. I spend over $22 on the book on Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You to Know About. I started to read this book and it when into a lengthy disclaimer he can't be held liable, then devoted most of the book to pharmaceutical industries, food giants, even flouride and cholorine in water in the biggest conspiracy known to Man to keep us sick in the name of profit. He essentially declares everything at the grocery store toxic. Kevin Trudeau (Wikapedia bio) says "I can't say this in my book - go to my website...." (to buy my food). Turns out Kevin Trudeau is a convicted felon. Ironic - I was duped by a hardcopy troller.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Default Re: Proper Credit, Etc.

Yes, that book is a total sham. I haven't read it but I hear to get any real info, not only do you have to go to his website. You also have to pay to read the info you have already bought the book to read.

This guy is a true con artist and he is getting away with it. He apparantly isn't breaking any laws and every thing he says is protected by "freedom of speech."

It's one thing to say what he does, but to charge people and to dupe them into not taking medicines is down right evil in my book.

Last edited by tbaleno; 02-12-2006 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:14 AM
G.H. Contributor
Angry Re: Proper Credit, Etc.

What a Joke, I 2nd the comments. Pitiful

Terry

Old 02-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Banned

This is sort of on-topic - Kevin Trudeau mentions about Detroit preventing people that have developed a 1000mpg car from ever getting on the market and press. I recall a former co-worker spouting the same conspiracy theory.

I tried to reason with him:
  • Somebody in their garage develops an engine that could get a five-seater sedan 250mpg at highway speeds.
  • It's something that a number of people will discover sooner or later.
  • Detroit and their friends will pay off/jail/rub out everybody that stumbles across this invention
  • Detroit is sooo powerful they can prevent someone from making this invention in China.
My friend at work still insisted Detroit had the power to prevent gas-mizers from being introduced. Some people believe what the want too - some people can dupe others.

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 02-12-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have heard the same argument but instead of detroit its the goverment that is keeping the high mpg's down to appeise the oil comapnies. This rumor has been traveling around since the 70's gas crunch..

It was a carbrator that got 100 mpgs and you could bolt it on any gas engine with the help of adapter plates...

Last edited by PriusGuy04; 02-12-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:15 PM

Maybe thats why they went to Fuel Injection. They knew the 100mpg carb was going to come out so they switched all cars to Fuel injection to keep the Fuel economy of new cars down

Old 02-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Banned

I wish they would discuss this more on Art Bell's Coast to Coast.

I'm sure they can tie this down with how HAARP is influencing behavior changes....