Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Vanity Plate on a Hummer . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Green Missionary
Default Vanity Plate on a Hummer . . .

Perhaps this should go with the "smug alert" or some other topic, but I thought it was interesting in its own right. It does indicate how some drivers of land barges react to potshots.

I pulled up to a red light behind a huge black new H2. Its Michigan vanity plate high above my hood stating plainly
SHUTTUP

Old 04-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Vanity Plate on a Hummer . . .

I met the Virginia owner of "SHUT UP." He was driving a late-model Jeep Cherokee.

Best H2 license plate I've seen is "8 MPG." I figure, if you're going to drive an H2, that's a great plate to have.

Old 04-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Banned
Default Are They Asking For It?

I've seen 1-2 other Hummer billboards, not including at least six Dallas-area radio stations.

This is almost a Hummer, as the Escalade pickup truck is a lot like the Hummer SUT (should be renamed Suburban Large Utility Truck or ****). An Escalade SUT was making it hard to get on the freeway and apparently proud of his behavior with this plate:

MF 4

Old 04-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Are They Asking For It?

I've seen a few "company" Hummers. Mostly landscaping/real estate.

With the nice weather today, I had the windows down a bit, and was passed by an H2, which sounded like an airplane next to me! Good grief it was loud.

Old 04-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Banned

Has anyone heard this? Some big rigs actually get better fuel economy than a Hummer (H1, H2?)

Old 04-15-2006, 09:14 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

That's true.

I drove a Ford L8000/L9000 with a 40ft flatbed and normaly got anywhere from 8-10mpg. We've since upgraded to a Kenworth but don't keep track of the mileage anymore (translates to: I tell someone else to fill it up)

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Has anyone heard this? Some big rigs actually get better fuel economy than a Hummer (H1, H2?)