Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

What would Jesus drive?

Old 01-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Default What would Jesus drive?

Some scholars insist that Jesus drove a Honda, but didn't like to talk about it.
As proof, they cite a verse in St. John's Gospel where Christ tells the crowd,
"For I did not speak of my own Accord..." - John 12:49

And, following the Master's lead, the Apostles car-pooled in a Honda
"The Apostles were in one Accord." !!!! - Acts 5:12

Old 01-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What would Jesus drive?

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Dont you think he would have driven a "cross" over vehicle??? sorry it was just there!

Old 01-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, here in California, Jesus drives a 77 Chevy Pickup with gardening equipment in the back. Or an 83 Monte Carlo.

Don

Old 01-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Banned
Default It Definitely Would Not Be a Status Vehicle

On the week he died, Jesus came into Jerusaluem on a donkey. If it were today, valid arguements could probably be made it would be:
  • A compact
  • A rental
  • Mass transit
  • A bike or motorcycle
If others offer other suggestions, I'm certain it would be consistent with the above list as a modest form of transport not intended to draw attention.

One of the strongest themes of Jesus was not seeking the approval of others be your motivation - just do the right thing and forget yourself. In other words, don't buy status symbols - things that build you up.

Just got back from a ski-trip and discussed the topic of what people drive and why they pick them. A good case could be made that status symbol vehicles (what ever they are) are driven by the most insecure of people. It's a lot easier to have heathy self-esteem, than to get things and achievments to impress others. Wtihout getting into a lot of Scripture, I'm sure Jesus could find some who drive a hybrid just as narcisstic and self-absorbed as a Hummer driver.

Before seeing this thread, the thought crossed my mind that the most effective fuel-saving measure would be if the public drive what they need in a utilitarian manner without the ego entering the vehicle choice. That's what Jesus would do.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Not sure about this but I think in Jesus time most people rode a donkey, that and if he was out with the 12 apostles he would need more that a compact to get around. Sorry to say this but he might be driving a VAN! Then again if there were 13 people in one van that would make for some great mileage per person! kevin

Old 01-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

A minivan is a good point!

I've read consumer research that indicates that minivan drivers are the most community-oriented of large vehicle owners.

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 01-02-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:39 PM
G.H. Contributor

Terry

Old 01-03-2006, 05:47 AM
Ohio BIODZL Driver

Whatever form of land transportation he chose (by foot, by donkey) it was "Bio-fueled."

Old 01-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: It Definitely Would Not Be a Status Vehicle

The Prius, no way... but the Honda Civic Hybrid maybe...it's modest enough you can hardly tell the difference from the outside.

But realistically, Jesus might not drive at all.

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
On the week he died, Jesus came into Jerusaluem on a donkey. If it were today, valid arguements could probably be made it would be:
  • A compact<
  • A rental<
  • Mass transit<
  • A bike or motorcycle<
If others offer other suggestions, I'm certain it would be consistent with the above list as a modest form of transport not intended to draw attention.

One of the strongest themes of Jesus was not seeking the approval of others be your motivation - just do the right thing and forget yourself. In other words, don't buy status symbols - things that build you up.

Just got back from a ski-trip and discussed the topic of what people drive and why they pick them. A good case could be made that status symbol vehicles (what ever they are) are driven by the most insecure of people. It's a lot easier to have heathy self-esteem, than to get things and achievments to impress others. Wtihout getting into a lot of Scripture, I'm sure Jesus could find some who drive a hybrid just as narcisstic and self-absorbed as a Hummer driver.

Before seeing this thread, the thought crossed my mind that the most effective fuel-saving measure would be if the public drive what they need in a utilitarian manner without the ego entering the vehicle choice. That's what Jesus would do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What would Jesus drive?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands