Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Yahoo Prius Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Site Founder

For those of you who have been active on the Yahoo Prius group, what's your take on the latest drama? Dianne has been taking some battering for being an excellent salesperson, and suddenly I've been sucked in as an apparent contributer to some evil cause

I will be sure to monitor the activity here at GreenHybrid and ensure that discussions do not degrade to such a level. Controversy is expected in politics. Flamethrowing is not acceptable.

Old 04-24-2004, 12:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well, here it is a month after your initial post on this - and I have been away from the boards for so long, I have no idea what you are talking about!

But - it wouldn't be the first time - for any Yahoo group (except one of mine - the page for the USS Chicago! Of course, we runa tight ship over there too!) and not for Dianne either.

I am not interested in chasing it down, but there are some folks out there who just feel like blasting people. It is not something I really understand.

I have gotten into some interesting "discussions" with people about various things (whether you can electrocute yourself on an automotive 12V battery - you can't; how ignition coil circuits work; other really silly things), but I enjoy resisting name-calling and such.

Sometimes, it seems like you should have to have a license to use these things.

Jack

Old 04-24-2004, 07:05 AM
Site Founder

It's an inevitable result of the way Yahoo is set up... not the optimal forum environment. I haven't seen Dianne there in ages, as she left and has basically given up her hobby of keeping in the know with is hybrid owners.