Helpful videos relevant to Cmax Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default Helpful videos relevant to Cmax Hybrid

Most annoying thing about the 2013 Cmax Hybrid is so new, so little specific information at your fingertips. So I've found I had to glean stuff from basic hypermiling techniques, NRG and FFH threads, etc.

Good way to get a look at what the left side screen looks like when driving, especially the quirks of the iFMG as it does it's little dance from 20 mpg to 30ish to 60+ while still white, then switching to blue.

One thing the video does not show is the option for the Regen bars over/under the battery indicator. Now if I could just figure out the trick to keep the iFMG doing the dance hovering over the 20/40 mark with engine warmed up, I might actually be able to reach 50 mpg.

Also curious if that white mpg reading of 30+ is actual mpg of the engine at that moment or some formula generated value showing extra power going to the battery since it's running at some sweet spot in the BSFC range but you only need part of the power sent to the wheels.

Technically FFH, but the screens are a perfect match for the Cmax Hybrid. Would have saved me about 30 mins scrolling around to find the RPM/Temp settings for MyView.

One of the many 'new' things I have to worry about. Swear there should be a class offered if you trade in a vehicle 20yrs old so you know all the little thingies you now have to worry about.

Kinda like the 3 salesmen climbing in every nook and cranny looking for the spare tire, should have already known to show me the fix-a-flat/compressor combo. (AND told me the junk in the can might cost me a TPM sensor even if the tire can be repaired after use....or can it?? Debate seems mixed on that. Seems to be bit of a pain but doable, so the tire store wants to sell you a new one even if the tire can technically be repaired?)

Will take a bit more research to determine if I need to come up with an actual spare to avoid using the stuff. Also need to find out how that affects the Ford Road Side assistance has some kind of catch if the tire can be 'repaired' with the can vs towing it so tire can be properly repaired bypassing the use of the can.

excerpt from owner's manual
Roadside assistance will cover:
• a flat tire change with a good spare (except vehicles that have been
supplied with a tire inflation kit).

Hard to say if that means they'll cover the tow or insist on trying the can first and then free tow if can wont get you going.

Honestly I'd rather focus on driving myself insane finding the mpg sweet spot, but feel there are lots of bits of information that I need to know before I need to know it. Like is that TPM sensor an inspection issue in TX or can I just ignore it and not replace the sensor if the fix-a-flat ruins it or more realistically what are the replacement options that might save me money vs OEM part. (looks like the state does not care about TPMs as long as the tire itself passes inspection )

Part of the reason I have held onto my last vehicle so long, it was made the year before car makers when koo koo for Coco Puffs for cars that required a computer engineering degree and a load of proprietary tools to properly diagnose issues.

Please chime in with any suggestions, tidbits, or relevant videos you've run across in your hypermiling quest.

Last edited by SilverSurfer; 11-05-2014 at 04:01 PM.