Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   08 FEH - Noise from Wheel Well when turning (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/08-feh-noise-wheel-well-when-turning-27900/)

trekwars2000 07-06-2012 07:04 AM

08 FEH - Noise from Wheel Well when turning

So we have a 08 FEH that we have owned since new. It now has 47Kish miles and (knock on wood) has never had any issues. Now, on occasion, when reversing out of a parking spot I can hear a high noise when turning the wheel all the way. In addition, this morning I noticed it when I took a 90 degree right turn corner at about 20 mph. Any ideas when this might be? I have done all the maintenance on my own and would love to take care of this myself if I can. Is this something I need a professional to look at?

Thanks in advance.

stevedebi 07-06-2012 09:11 AM

Re: 08 FEH - Noise from Wheel Well when turning

Originally Posted by trekwars2000 (Post 243200)
So we have a 08 FEH that we have owned since new. It now has 47Kish miles and (knock on wood) has never had any issues. Now, on occasion, when reversing out of a parking spot I can hear a high noise when turning the wheel all the way. In addition, this morning I noticed it when I took a 90 degree right turn corner at about 20 mph. Any ideas when this might be? I have done all the maintenance on my own and would love to take care of this myself if I can. Is this something I need a professional to look at?

Thanks in advance.

I had a squeaking, more of a high pitched squeal, that happened sometimes almost from the moment I got my 2008 FEH. Gradually it got worse. This year I took it in because it was squealing anytime I made a turn. They replaced all 4 bushings (I assume that is a rubber gasket on the struts or suspension) and the noise went away. I'm hearing a bit of a squeal again on sharp left turns now, but I haven't taken it in yet. I've still got 48K and 3 years left on my extended warranty.