2008 FEH vs. 2007 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 FEH vs. 2007 FEH

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Kermit the frog, green????

I believe it is called kiwi green and I agree...I did not like it.

I am working with a sales agent now and am looking at Black or Black Pearl myself.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Enthusiast

The vista blue is nice... Beware the sizling hot and always dirty looking black. I actually think the black looks the nicest, but the utilitarian in me can't justify the negatives.

I'm considering switching to White, but not sure what kinda work that will require at this point, and I'm quite lazy.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Green Lantern
I believe it is called kiwi green and I agree...I did not like it.

I am working with a sales agent now and am looking at Black or Black Pearl myself.
Yes, Kiwi Green. Blah... Had it been a true Kermit green, maybe then it would be nicer??

Another good color is that deep metallic blue - but for some reason, one can't get a moonroof with it. So, unless one loves the grey colors or the pastel colors, that only leaves black and black pearl as the "cool" or more masculine colors. If I were ordering/buying one now, I'd choose one of those two black colors (and I had a black Ford Explorer Sport for years, and it was a nice color).

I think Ford is trying to compare to the Toyota Highlander Hybrid (HiHy) which has a very similar color palette.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doctoru2
  • By "power outlet on the back of the center console", do you mean another 110v outlet or a "cigar lighter" style outlet? Both are handy, and adapters are readily available for the latter for most items, but I'm curious which one.
Sorry, I originally missed this question.

I meant a 12v outlet. My pet peeve on my '07, was that there is a knock out in the rear of the console for a 12v outlet, but no outlet. So, obviously, some Ford designer had planned for a rear 12v outlet, but some bean-counter must have axed it at the last minute. I am glad to see that for '08, the designer won this one. I added the 12v outlet myself to my '07, and it comes in mighty handy for the kid to plug in his "entertainment" back there.

As far as I know, the 110v outlet isn't standard on the '08, and that the option includes just the one plug point up near the dash.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:37 AM

I wonder where these color pallets are coming from? Does Ford think that all hybrid buyers are boring people? I mean, as mentioned, just pastels and dark colors.

I can say that my '07 MMH is the very first new car I have ever ordered, where I ended up selecting the color I hated least.

Usually, by the time I place an order for a new vehicles, I have homed in on a color that I really love. But not with the MMH. There was not one single acceptable color. Why????

Honestly, the color I would really have wanted was the, then new, dark orange-copper metallic color Ford was offering on other models.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
I wonder where these color pallets are coming from? Does Ford think that all hybrid buyers are boring people? I mean, as mentioned, just pastels and dark colors.

I can say that my '07 MMH is the very first new car I have ever ordered, where I ended up selecting the color I hated least.

Usually, by the time I place an order for a new vehicles, I have homed in on a color that I really love. But not with the MMH. There was not one single acceptable color. Why????

Honestly, the color I would really have wanted was the, then new, dark orange-copper metallic color Ford was offering on other models.

I hear ya Walt. In fact, had Ford had the color I wanted for their '08 FEH - which was a color readily available on their '07 FEH - I might have ordered one, even despite the lack of incentives! In other words, their very boring color palette has me less anxious to get one - I can wait until the incentives for these models come in (and I hear more people discuss the pros/cons of their '08 models).

But as I wrote, I think Ford is comparing to Toyota's HiHy. Look at the colors Toyota offers - just as boring. I guess these manufacturers think we are all ultra-conservative, yet environmentally concious, people who dare not want any excitement in anything we do.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

That would explain the HiHy outselling the FEH.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sirfergy
That would explain the HiHy outselling the FEH.
Nah, the colors (or lack thereof) aren't reasons why one brand outsells the other. Toyota's overall reputation is just far, far better.

I am interested in the HiHy too, but sadly, it's about $10K more than the FEH (for similar features). That's quite a big difference. Now, if the FEH owners here were complaining endlessly about their vehicles, I might think that the HiHy was worth that extra $$. But it seems that the FEH owners really like their vehicles. Furthermore, after reading numerous similar threads on both vehicles (like discussing driving in snow, for example), sometimes the FEH appears to "win".

Most think Ford did their FEH right. I just hope this trend continues as I hope to get one later this year.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Enthusiast

So I noticed on the Ford Canada website that you can get the moonroof on the 08 FEH without the Premium Package. This was a bit of a rip-off for the 06/07s up here because you could only get your $1000 moonroof with the $6000 Premium Package (loaded with features I didn't want).

Have to say I like the look of the 08 and interesting that Ford is able to knock $2000 off the MSRP up here. Maybe the sqeaky back end in my 06 cost them more....the Squeaky Premium Package.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mark_bc
So I noticed on the Ford Canada website that you can get the moonroof on the 08 FEH without the Premium Package. This was a bit of a rip-off for the 06/07s up here because you could only get your $1000 moonroof with the $6000 Premium Package (loaded with features I didn't want).

Have to say I like the look of the 08 and interesting that Ford is able to knock $2000 off the MSRP up here. Maybe the sqeaky back end in my 06 cost them more....the Squeaky Premium Package.
Nah... the squeak was free of charge!!!! I keep fearing the day mine comes back... I also wonder if I should get the TSB done anyway before my warranty goes away... and fearing to make matters worse.

Quick Reply: 2008 FEH vs. 2007 FEH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands