About to purchase 06 AWD fully loaded.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: About to purchase 06 AWD fully loaded.....

Doc fee is the fee they charge you for preparing the documents relating to the sale. It includes the fees they have to pay to DMV for the sale. You can negoicate it, but only the part that doesn't go to the state (usually).

I got the extended warrenty on my FEH, although the conventional wisdom is it is a waste (the drivetrian is covered by the hybrid warrenty). I usually resell the extended warrenty when I sell the car and it is worth a fair amount of money on the "backend"

You could try to get them to toss in a few perks, like free oil change or some acessories (I got the mudflaps when I bought mine), but it is a good deal.

Chris Brown

Old 07-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by copyboy1
If you do that much driving, why would you ever take out a 60 month loan? Best case, you'll end up making payments on a car that's not worth what you still owe. And worst case, the car will die and you'll still be paying for it.

Realistically, no one knows what the lifespan of the FEH or its batteries really are. So be careful with the 60 month loan. In reality, it's more of a ploy to get people to purchase more expensive cars and pay more interest, regardless of the car's lifespan.
I will be putting a considerable amount as a down payment upfront. Also, just as with my house payment, I make double payments ocassionaly. One thing I do like, it having the option for a lower payment. As long as the loan allows me to pay toward principal and is a simple interest, I am comfortable with that.

Chad

Old 07-20-2005, 06:58 AM
Enthusiast

I bought my Hybrid last night. 06 AWD Dark Shadow Grey, fully loaded. Nego the salesman down to 31942.72 (about $300 above X-plan). I also Nego the 5yr/100k warranty, and got another $300 knocked off it in the end. My out the door price for the vehicle was $33322.00 and then I purchased the warranty afterwards. It had 7 miles when I bought it, it now has almost 150, and the gas guage has not even got to 3/4 of a tank yet

If anyone is in the market for a Hybrid, my dealership and salesman were excellent. He did not call to pester me and let me do things on my terms. The dealership is Crossroads Road in Cary, NC. They have about 20 Hybrids in stock currently. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and I will introduce you to my salesmans.

Chad

Old 07-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Congrats on the purchase. Sounds like you did pretty good all around on the price of the vehicle and the warranty.

150 miles already? Are you obsessing on the fuel efficiency yet? On both of mine the gas gauge gets to half and I still have about 2/3 of a tank left. The distance to empty indicator is a much better gauge.

I love the look of the Dark Shadow Grey - that's what my '06 is.

Good luck with it. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Last edited by nitramjr; 07-20-2005 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nitramjr
Congrats on the purchase. Sounds like you did pretty good all around on the price of the vehicle and the warranty.

150 miles already? Are you obsessing on the fuel efficiency yet? On both of mine the gas gauge gets to half and I still have about 2/3 of a tank left. The distance to empty indicator is a much better gauge.

I love the look of the Dark Shadow Grey - that's what my '06 is.

Good luck with it. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
I'm loving the mileage so far. I bought it yesterday around 5pm, was out the door with it at 6pm. Drove it down to show my parents, then my mother wanted to show her sister, and then her brother. Sadly, I did not get home until about 1am last night

Today its off to see both grandparents (I told them once I had something better on gas than my Jeep that I would visit more often ) I have also just ordered a complete set of Husky floor liners in black for the front, backseat and cargo area. I have them in my Jeep they are worth every penny.

All in all, I am happy. Ford gave me 4.99%, it drives like a dream, is very quiet, quick when I need it to be and I'm amazed by the navigation system. I also just discovered the 6 disc changer under the passenger seat. I thought it was all built into the Nav system. Wonder what I will disover today.......

Chad

Old 07-20-2005, 08:54 AM

At 3/4 of a tank, the most gas I can put in has been 2 1/2 gallons. The most miles I've gone is 100 miles at 40 MPG from full to 3/4. This is a point on the gas guage when I can tell I'm going to get to hypermilling (40+ MPG) on my 2005 FWD FEH.

If your gauge and tank are the same as mine, 150 miles puts you at around 60 MPG. Sometimes my guage will show higher than it really is and then drop a few seconds latter to the real level and I say to myself, WTF? Sometimes this happens all during the time I'm in EV mode and could not have burned any gas.

If I get to 235 or better miles at the 1/2 tank mark, I'm still hypermilling at 40+ MPG when I fill up.

Old 07-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChadsMach1
I have also just ordered a complete set of Husky floor liners in black for the front, backseat and cargo area. I have them in my Jeep they are worth every penny.
Tell me more about these Husky floor liners. What are they made of, how much and where to get them....

Thanks.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nitramjr
Tell me more about these Husky floor liners. What are they made of, how much and where to get them....

Thanks.
http://www.4wheelonline.com/Products...roductId=13129

They are worth their weight in gold in my opinion. They line the front and rear floorboards and you can also get a rear cargo one. Check them out at the link above.

Chad

Old 07-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
At 3/4 of a tank, the most gas I can put in has been 2 1/2 gallons. The most miles I've gone is 100 miles at 40 MPG from full to 3/4. This is a point on the gas guage when I can tell I'm going to get to hypermilling (40+ MPG) on my 2005 FWD FEH.

If your gauge and tank are the same as mine, 150 miles puts you at around 60 MPG. Sometimes my guage will show higher than it really is and then drop a few seconds latter to the real level and I say to myself, WTF? Sometimes this happens all during the time I'm in EV mode and could not have burned any gas.

If I get to 235 or better miles at the 1/2 tank mark, I'm still hypermilling at 40+ MPG when I fill up.
I was amazed at 150 miles with the needle dead set on 3/4 tank. I topped the tank off right to the top. I did about 125 miles on country roads and the highway. And about 25 miles in city traffic that has a 25-35 mph speed limit (lots of stop and go with most of it in EV). So far I am VERY impressed with this vehicle. Its a quiet ride, the Navigation and 6 disc changer work flawlessly. Only issue I have found so far is this strange vibration with the music when the moonroof is open, and your slowing to a stop. Haven't figured that one out yet.

Chad

Old 07-21-2005, 06:03 AM
Enthusiast

That vibration when the moonroof is open is a pressure differential from inside and outside the cabin, I think. Does it happen around 30-35mph? And it kinda sounds like a helicopter flying overhead? I have that whup-whup-whup sound too, when my sunroof in my jeep is open all the way. It also happens when I have the rear windows open symetrically.

Crack one window when you have that roof open and see if it goes away. You'll be equallizing the pressure.

Quick Reply: About to purchase 06 AWD fully loaded.....

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands