Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Bought a 2007 with high miles. Was it a good deal? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/bought-2007-high-miles-good-deal-23890/)

dae06 02-16-2010 08:31 AM

Bought a 2007 with high miles. Was it a good deal?

Here is what was for sale from a small car lot (with a shop):

2007 FEH, 101,367 miles, 4x4, auto. all the standard equipment. Clean carfax, One owner (the State of Iowa). Dealer replaced weather stripping on drivers side door for me. Very clean.

I checked, KBB, Edmunds TMV, NADA guides for retail prices. They ranged from $15,750 to $17,000 retail. I bought it for $9,400. I like to get a good deal, but this deal almost scares me.

So far the only thing I will go to the dealer with is that the heater blows cold air when in EV mode (a seperate post). Was this a good deal? If not, what did I over look? :embarass:

Billyk 02-16-2010 03:08 PM

Re: Bought a 2007 with high miles. Was it a good deal?

Go to this Ford site: https://www.flmowner.com/servlet/Con...CalProcessPage

see if you can pull up the service history on your vehicle via the VIN identification. It is hard to tell if one got a good deal without knowning about the vehicle's service history.

turbotaguy 02-16-2010 03:46 PM

Can you pull up service history on that site? I tried to do it with my VIN but couldn't figure it out.

Billyk 02-16-2010 04:16 PM

It is at
www.flmowner.com

turbotaguy 02-16-2010 06:46 PM

I must be dense - I visited flmowner.com and can't figure out where to get past service history on my FEH.

wptski 02-16-2010 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by turbotaguy (Post 218835)
I must be dense - I visited flmowner.com and can't figure out where to get past service history on my FEH.

Your not! There's no way to get service history from that site. I have a account there and it's only for setting up appointments.

I'll modify the above, it'll show any oil changes that your dealer did but other that, nothing under warranty!! It might show something that was out of warranty that you paid for.

econoline 02-16-2010 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by wptski (Post 218837)
Your not! There's no way to get service history from that site. I have a account there and it's only for setting up appointments.

I'll modify the above, it'll show any oil changes that your dealer did but other that, nothing under warranty!! It might show something that was out of warranty that you paid for.

All of my service is shown, including two warranty repairs.

turbotaguy 02-17-2010 04:15 AM

Ok, how do you get to the area that shows history? Please give step by step!

dae06 02-17-2010 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Billyk (Post 218823)
Go to this Ford site: https://www.flmowner.com/servlet/Con...CalProcessPage

see if you can pull up the service history on your vehicle via the VIN identification. It is hard to tell if one got a good deal without knowning about the vehicle's service history.

Since the State of Iowa owned it, lets assume they did the recommended services. Is this a good deal? :)

wptski 02-17-2010 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by econoline (Post 218842)
All of my service is shown, including two warranty repairs.

The entries are up to the delaer although the owner may add something. For some reason my dealer doesn't add warranty work. Does yours show all your warranty work?