Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Changing First Screen On Navigation System (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/changing-first-screen-navigation-system-15927/)

Luke1975 11-12-2007 04:29 PM

Changing First Screen On Navigation System

Every time I start my Escape the navigation screen comes on to the screen where you have to hit the agree button. Most of the time, unless on a trip I don't look at the maps or navigation screens. Is there a way to make the radio or energy flow screen the first screen to appear?

Pravus Prime 11-12-2007 04:52 PM

Re: Changing First Screen On Navigation System

That's unusual. The agree screen only comes on mine when I go to the Nav system, otherwise it starts out default in the radio/cd player screen.

icebluemariner 11-12-2007 09:45 PM

My 08 MMH does the same thing from time to time :angry: . Bet it's defective. I plan to find out when I take it in for routine service.

WaltPA 11-13-2007 04:44 AM

I think it goes directly into Nav mode, when you still have a route active. Basically, you haven't reach the destination yet, and the Nav system assumes you want to continue toward that destination.

After you press the "agree", is there a button to cancel or stop the current route?

ICBMariner 11-13-2007 05:23 AM

If you have it on the Media menu when you shut down, it rarely appears.

If you have it on the NAV or even the Menu button looking at HEV screen when you shut down, you get the nag screen when you start the car again.

That's been my experience. As long as I have the Media screen on when I shut down, no nag screen when I start back up.;)

gpsman1 11-13-2007 07:55 AM

I think Walt is right. I hardly ever use my Nav, and I never see that message. However, if you don't press "agree" in the 2005, it times-out and goes away on it's own if you leave it alone. I never timed it though.

Luke1975 11-13-2007 01:39 PM

I was playing with the different screens today and I believe If any screen is on other than the media screen, it will start up at the navigation screen. When I stopped with the media screen on the display, it started back on the media screen. Thanks for all of your input to this situation.

pb5927317 11-13-2007 03:28 PM

Mine is always in NAV also. I made sure no routes were active. If the routes were active the little woman in the Nav radio would be telling me something.

I havnt tried removing the NAV DVD to see if that makes a difference.

doctoru2 11-14-2007 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by ICBMariner (Post 149556)
If you have it on the Media menu when you shut down, it rarely appears.

If you have it on the NAV or even the Menu button looking at HEV screen when you shut down, you get the nag screen when you start the car again.

That's been my experience. As long as I have the Media screen on when I shut down, no nag screen when I start back up.;)

I agree with this. In the short time I've had my FEH, I too have the "agree" screen appear if I have it in the Nav or Menu mode. But when I had media on, I didn't get that screen. I guess that's the only way to override it.

MrCrank 11-14-2007 02:33 PM

Does Ford ever update the Nav system software? Maybe there is a suggestion box somewhere.

Of course, with U.S. product product liability law being what it is, I'll bet Ford's lawyers will insist that disclaimer screen stay there.