Electrocution Hazard

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Electrocution Hazard

Bjaardker, we agree 100% with you and we have most certainly taken the solution to the problem into our own hands!

Old 04-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Well, I don't think that's quite what he meant. I think he meant solve the problem which is not the same as making the car go away. There is no faulting you for being emotionally wrapped up in this mess but you really, truly need to step back and take a few deep breaths! Maybe this is off base, but it looks to me like you decided that this car had a serious mechanical malfunction from the get-go and came here looking for confirmation. You didn't get that confirmation (again, not faulting you for being emotionally involved after four months without answers) but you haven't diverted from the path you set at the outset. I'm sorry if I'm being blunt but that's just how it is. All kidding aside, it just kills me to see someone throw large amounts of money at a problem that probably doesn't exist the way you assume it does. Safety is a valid concern but in this case the evidence points to a very simple, fixable, and probable issue of static electricity buildup.

I wish only the best for you and your family, and for that reason it would be wrong for me to hold back what I'm thinking. Worst case scenario somebody gets a lightly used Escape in great condition at a good price, but still. I guess that's all there is to say.

Be sure to post back about your resolution, be it Toyota or ground straps. And good luck.

Tim

Old 04-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Enthusiast

First of all, I did get answers from this board which is exactly why I came here. If what you are saying is true, I would have dumped the car long ago. I wanted this to work out and in the end I lost faith in Ford. The fact is, nobody that knows my daughter and knows what happened is even willing to ride in the car. I guess if you don't know someone. it's easy to make assumptions. My daughter is a very smart and articulate 16 year old. She owns her own business and donates thousands of dollars to charities each year from her profits. She is quite trust worthy and not at all a complainer. So, if I keep this car it will turn out to be a one person vehicle simply because no one is interested in getting shocked static or not. Keep in mind that this was supposed to be the car that my daughter would be driving. I don't think adding another obstacle to a teenage driver is wise. They have enough to worry about while on the road. I do appreciate everyones comments.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pedropromo60
because no one is interested in getting shocked static or not.
Pedro, you still haven't answered the question.

There is a very simple solution to your static issue that has been proven to work. Static strips cost less than $15 and take only minutes to install.

Forgive me for being a little harsh, but if you really liked the car as much as you say you do, I find it hard to believe you wouldn't take a small step like installing static strips to see if you can fix the problem.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I will ask again. How many dealers did you talk to and how many dealers had a look at the car???

You live in or near Los Angeles. You have literally 100's of dealers to choose from and there are more Ford Escape Hybrids in the L.A. basin / Orange County than anywhere in the world. You live in the best place to come across others with similar problems, and to get this problem solved.
There's no policy or law that says you have to have your vehicle serviced where you bought it.

Not all Ford dealers are bad. Some are. So you go elsewhere.
Are you saying all teachers are bad because some are molesters?
Do you think all Muslims are bad because 20 attacked our country?

So after all this, how can YOU explain it?
What's your best guess?

By the way, did you know some Toyota Hybrids stop working, with no explanation when you are driving at highway speeds, leaving you stranded? Did you know some Honda batteries die very early on?

So far... Ford has a really good track record. Just not in your personal case.

Old 04-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Enthusiast

I think this horse is dead! Although I think wearing a tinfoil hat would have helped, the man is obviously dissappointed in how Ford handled this situation. This is an enthisuiastic forum, and for this man, the enthusiasm is gone.

The discussion should be moved to a Ralph Nader site, or something.

Old 04-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

allright. enough. nothing more to see here, folks. move along...this thread's long enough as it is.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Enthusiast

Just one more suggestion. Find out what Toyota will do when one of their customers gets a static shock.

Put another way, do you know that Toyota would have handled any differently/better?

Old 04-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by Bjaardker
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the FEH using the Toyota Hybrid Drive system?

Someone didn't read the FEH FAQ!

I'd recommend if you did want a dealer/engineer to take a good look at fixing it, I'd suggest replicating the experience so they get a shock.

With that said, as GoNavy said, let's let this thread rest; we seem to be at an impass. To those interested in purchasing or selling your vehicles, this isn't the thread to do it in. Use PMs or some other place.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Enthusiast

Wow, I just got back and I'm amazed at the turn this has taken. A posting about teachers being molesters and such. I'm not sure where that came from. What's with the ethnic stuff? Really strange!

Don't forget, we went to Ford directly and got ignored so we came here. We got some great info from this board, but in the end it all comes down to a comfort level with the product and most disappointing, the service. Thank you again everyone for your help.

Quick Reply: Electrocution Hazard

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands