Escape Hybrid Cargo Mats and Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 07:26 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Escape Hybrid Cargo Mats and Seat Covers

I got my Husky mat yesterday. Fits fine, but I don't really like the large lip around the mat, I think it would look better if it were half as high. To put items in it, you have to lift them several inches over that lip. As such, it is too high and looks floppy and sloppy. I also think the whole mat was very overpriced for what you get. This is basically a medium weight plastic mat with a slippery surface, not a heavy duty rubber mat with a non-slip surface. It stiffens with cold and since it came rolled up in a long box it had a curl in it such that I have to weigh down the corners to keep it from flopping around. I am not impressed. I hope with warmer weather it will lay flat so I don't need to put weights on it. My other car had a very heavy rubber mat that layed flat and did not have an unhandy, high rear lip or border. I have not seen such a mat for the Ford.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Early Adopter

The Ford mat (which fits the regular Escape and not the Hybrid) also comes rolled up and has issues similar to what you describe.

Old 05-11-2005, 12:40 AM
Early Adopter

My Husky mat arrived today. I was able to unroll it, and following the instructions with some books to flatten it the curl was gone within a couple hours.

Since I have seen the Ford mat for the regular Escape, I can compare the two.

1. The Ford mat (the one I saw) is black in color, the Husky comes in black, gray or tan. The gray is a shade lighter than the interior of the FEH but is a decent match.

2. The Husky mat is of a heavier construction than the Ford mat. The resin material is of a higher quality than the Ford mat.

3. The lip on the mat is about the same, the Husky's lip may be slightly larger.

I like the Ford rubber mats for the passenger areas better than this tray, but the Husky tray is better than the Ford tray I saw...plus it actually fits!

I'm satisifed.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Enthusiast

I'm having a problem confirming that the husky cargo mats (or any other brand) fit the 2006 Escape Hybrid with the subwoofer in the back. Does anyone have that setup? Is there a change in the shape of the cargo area from 2005 to 2006?

Old 10-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Early Adopter

Subwoofer or no, the shape is the same.

2005 or 2006, the shape is the same.

All Escape Hybrids use the same cargo tray (which is different from the regular Escape tray).