FEH/4WD/Scanguage-II

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: FEH/4WD/Scanguage-II

Originally Posted by DesertDog
The stuff I posted about DTCs for non-emissions modules should work.

For the 4WD module the xgauge to check for DTCs is:

TXD: 07611800FF00
RXF: 026914580000
RXD: 2810
MTH: 000100010000
NAM: DTC

If this displays 0000 then there are no DTCs for the 4WD module. Otherwise decode per this thread: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...30/index3.html and look up the DTC in the shop manual or google it.
I used that XGuage DTC command and got a P1825 code, 4WD Clutch Relay Circuit Open or Shorted for the pulled fuse.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wptski
The 4WD module isn't a P Code? The "wrench" icon is listed as a powertrain issue.
Could be a P code. If the first character is 0,1,2 or 3 then it is a P code. Not all P codes will be uniform DTCs that can be retrieved with a mode $03 request to the PCM and TCM. Those are what the SCAN function of the Scangauge will detect. Others require the method I described.

The FEH battery blend door problem also lights the wrench light but is a non-uniform DTC.

So if you pull the fuse and put a 50% duty cycle signal in what does the xgauge read for duty cycle percent?

Old 06-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by DesertDog
Could be a P code. If the first character is 0,1,2 or 3 then it is a P code. Not all P codes will be uniform DTCs that can be retrieved with a mode $03 request to the PCM and TCM. Those are what the SCAN function of the Scangauge will detect. Others require the method I described.

The FEH battery blend door problem also lights the wrench light but is a non-uniform DTC.

So if you pull the fuse and put a 50% duty cycle signal in what does the xgauge read for duty cycle percent?
Not sure what you mean by putting a 50% duty cycle in but with the fused pulled the XG-II reads 0% all the time. The highest I ever seen while actually measuring the duty cycle on a scope was 29%.

Other than masking/hiding another real problem like that blend door issue on a FEH, I don't see any problem driving with the fuse pulled.

So if your running with the fuse pulled and showing P1825 all the time, what about or how about multiple codes on the SG-II? Is it possible to show the "wrench" icon on the XG-II if it was enabled again, somehow??

Too bad that this 4WD system doesn't work more like "most" people think it does or "on demand". It's more like "no demand"!

Last edited by wptski; 06-16-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wptski
Too bad that this 4WD system doesn't work more like "most" people think it does or "on demand". It's more like "no demand"!
Isn't the "on demand" part partially based on the demand from your right foot?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by MyPart
Isn't the "on demand" part partially based on the demand from your right foot?
Well, the reason for saying that is that it's impossible not to have some torque going to the rear wheels! Just the fact that your trying to move forward no matter how lightly you touch the throttle, torque is sent to the rear wheels.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:39 PM

I can only speak about the 2005 Escape Hybrid and it is possible to pull away from a stop without torque being sent to the rearwheels via what is reported on the scanguage. BUT..don't try this with other vehicles behind you.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by Billyk
I can only speak about the 2005 Escape Hybrid and it is possible to pull away from a stop without torque being sent to the rearwheels via what is reported on the scanguage. BUT..don't try this with other vehicles behind you.
Gosh, you must be talking about a very light foot? Are you still using the original SG-II settings for the 4WD PID which is at least twice what's really measured? That may make a diffeerence too.

Carl suggested changing the MTH to 006400330000 but I tuned it in comparing it to a scope and now use a MTH 007800330000.

Last edited by wptski; 06-16-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:13 PM

If a photo is worth a thousand words:
Name:  FEHscanguage4wdvaluesoldandnewcodin.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  99.2 KB
The new 4wd/AWD coding does result in around 50% of the previous value. It also works during electric mode. The latest scanguage version now appears to be 3.17.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Imported from Detroit

Got room for a few more SG's on your dash yet!

Did the new coding make difference in the ability to accelerate without generating rear wheel torque?

I can't touch the accelerator without generating rear wheel torque on my FE! I seem to remember reading somewhere about a different setup for the FEH accelerator.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Billyk
If a photo is worth a thousand words:

The new 4wd/AWD coding does result in around 50% of the previous value. It also works during electric mode. The latest scanguage version now appears to be 3.17.
NOTE FOR 2008 AND LATER FEH:

DO NOT PUT YOUR SCANGUAGES ON THE DASH!
The entire dash cover comes up when the passenger airbag goes off. This would cause the SGII to fly who-knows-where!

(maybe the 2005-2007 don't have the single piece dash cover?)

Quick Reply: FEH/4WD/Scanguage-II

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands