Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   FEH Subwoofer Install (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/feh-subwoofer-install-30487/)

Organica1 09-06-2015 09:16 AM

FEH Subwoofer Install

I am putting 3, 12" Kicker subs in my FEH. Does anyone think the vibration will cause battery issues?

Thank you.

D-mac 09-10-2015 03:20 PM

Re: FEH Subwoofer Install

Originally Posted by Organica1 (Post 257703)
I am putting 3, 12" Kicker subs in my FEH. Does anyone think the vibration will cause battery issues?

Thank you.

Vibration won't be an issue. The HV battery is good for reflecting sound. Fire the subs rearward and insulate the rear door and you'll have a pretty good platform for generating bass.
You might want to plan carefully on how much power you need to drive 3 12s. It's impossible to upgrade the alternator on an FEH for more power, because there's no alternator. The stock generator is capable maybe of 1000 extra watts for an amp.
You can easily install an Odyssey PC1200 battery in the stock battery tray if you want some more reserve power for your system.

Organica1 09-10-2015 03:23 PM

Re: FEH Subwoofer Install

Originally Posted by D-mac (Post 257736)
Vibration won't be an issue. The HV battery is good for reflecting sound. Fire the subs rearward and insulate the rear door and you'll have a pretty good platform for generating bass.
You might want to plan carefully on how much power you need to drive 3 12s. It's impossible to upgrade the alternator on an FEH for more power, because there's no alternator. The stock generator is capable maybe of 1000 extra watts for an amp.
You can easily install an Odyssey PC1200 battery in the stock battery tray if you want some more reserve power for your system.

Thank you, I was going to use a 750-1000W amp that was 1 ohm stable. There will be a 1.3 ohm load then I believe.

Thank you