Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   A neat new noise! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/neat-new-noise-10364/)

rxhybrid 10-06-2006 05:49 PM

A neat new noise!

I just noticed another neat noise coming from my Red M&M. I shut the car off and went in the house. A few minutes later I went into the garage and the car was making a sloshing noise (Think ¼ gallon of gas being shaken in a 1 gallon can). It had to be 3 to 4 minutes after I shut off the car.

I had a full tank of gas (went to get milk, and filled up at the same time), so I don’t think it was the gas tank. Also, it seemed to be coming from the middle front of the car.

I drove the last ¾ mile in stealth mode. Could it have been the low temp cooling system running?

I am not really worried about the noise. The car does everything but fart, and maybe it does that when I’m not looking :) .

Rick

lakedude 10-07-2006 03:56 AM

Re: A neat new noise!

The Pruis pumps the coolent into a "thermos" to keep it warm for faster warmup on the next startup. The MMH might do the same thing?

rxhybrid 10-07-2006 05:45 AM

I am not aware of the MM Hybrid having a thermos.

Reply any MMH or FEH owners?

Rick

Pravus Prime 10-07-2006 08:22 PM

It's probably your brakes depressurizing. Just as you hear them pressurize when you unlock/open a door when you start.

rxhybrid 10-08-2006 12:34 PM

Maybe, but it did not really sound like when I open the doors. Really sounded like sloshing (water in a bucket, liquid in a can).

If I have time, I will see if I can duplicate the sound.

Rick

Pravus Prime 10-08-2006 11:35 PM

It's a different noise due to the different systems. The brakes depressurize about 5 minutes (probably less) after the vehicle has been in disuse (no opening/closing doors (And all doors/hatches closed), engine off, key out, no systems active.)