Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Need an instructional for climate control actuator replacement (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/need-instructional-climate-control-actuator-replacement-29059/)

hondarider90 08-19-2013 04:00 PM

Need an instructional for climate control actuator replacement

The ac on the left side of my truck won't get to where it blows cold, it goes between luke warm and hot, but the passenger side will go from ice cold to hot. Along with them making the coffee maker sound since I bought it I would guess the gears are stripped. What I would like is if anyone has an instruction manual or a writeup on how to get in there and change the actuators out.

Thanks, Tyler

84GT Ragtop 08-21-2013 08:30 PM

Re: Need an instructional for climate control actuator replacement

PM me your email addy and I'll forward everything I have on the subject.

hondarider90 08-22-2013 02:08 PM

I ended up talking to an A/C guy, it's just a low charge. They're warmer on the drivers side because the evaporator goes from passenger side to driver's side.

84GT Ragtop 08-22-2013 02:13 PM

Interesting. Figured you heard the actuators constantly cycling like I do. LOL
Well if you ever need anything, I have all kinds of documentation on MECS pump, all actuators, etc.

hondarider90 08-22-2013 05:10 PM

Thanks, I already replaced the coolant pump, which was surprisingly the Bosch one since mine was made in December of 07. I have the clicking sometimes, but it's only at the middle temperatures, I usually just go to the extremes and modulate the fan. I have never been impressed by the Ford climate control to begin with.