Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Perfect Partner for or Alternative to ScanGauge? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/perfect-partner-alternative-scangauge-10911/)

randykato 11-07-2006 12:26 PM

Perfect Partner for or Alternative to ScanGauge?

DashDAQ Data Acquisition System looks interesting. Could be a much nicer visual interface alternative to the ScanGauge, numerous other capabilities, and it's expandable/opensource.

Personally I'm not looking for such a gadget, but I though some of you might be interested.

TXAWDMMH 11-07-2006 12:40 PM

Re: Perfect Partner for or Alternative to ScanGauge?

It looks like a nice tool! It is a good bit more expensive than the scangaugeII I just ordered. ;)

hombre 10-16-2008 08:10 AM

Expensive gadget! Do they offer purchase financing?

stevedebi 10-16-2008 09:09 AM

I don't know. They don't list some of the standard SG 2 items like SOC.

08MMHybridHappy 10-17-2008 01:50 PM

Found this interesting. Going to the link and clicking on fuel economy, I noticed (among several items) "Got a Hybrid Vehicle? Use DashDAQ to watch the battery charge level on your vehicle. Learn how your driving habits affect the transition between electric motor and gas power. Calculate how much you’re saving as you drive by those gas stations." That sounds like SOC - although I do not have a scangage so I am not this best judge.:)

stevedebi 10-17-2008 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by 08MMHybridHappy (Post 189393)
Found this interesting. Going to the link and clicking on fuel economy, I noticed (among several items) "Got a Hybrid Vehicle? Use DashDAQ to watch the battery charge level on your vehicle. Learn how your driving habits affect the transition between electric motor and gas power. Calculate how much you’re saving as you drive by those gas stations." That sounds like SOC - although I do not have a scangage so I am not this best judge.:)

I saw this too, but if they mean SOC, they should have said so. The SG 2 has literally dozens of settings; a full 6 pages of setting for particular vehicles. The FEH alone has about 30 specific items that can be monitored. Looking at their site, they don't appear to have all those custom settings. I am sure they would have touted the fact if they had the same settings as a SG 2.

colchiro 11-16-2008 05:56 PM

I thought I remember someone saying they just ordered it, but don't see that here.

Has anyone checked to see what's needed to fully support the FEH?

stevedebi 11-17-2008 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by colchiro (Post 191385)
I thought I remember someone saying they just ordered it, but don't see that here.

Has anyone checked to see what's needed to fully support the FEH?

Go to the scanguage site and download the xguage settings PDF. That will tell you the FEH specific settings.

colchiro 11-17-2008 03:35 PM

Already had it open.;)