Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Problem Getting Lease (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/problem-getting-lease-1606/)

ozoner 03-17-2005 12:44 PM

Problem Getting Lease

The first local FEH showed up in our midwestern town last week. The dealer was asking $2K above MSRP, not accepting X-Plans, etc. It was a pretty cool vehicle and we were hooked. We negotiated a 36 month lease and took delivery of the vehicle.

Now - a week later, Ford refuses to write the paper on the lease. With no rebates, no programs, the $2K premium, the lease value exceeded a 110% cap imposed by Ford. I have been called in to the dealership to pay an additional $1800+ in cash, which I have not yet paid.

The sales manager has tried every other leasing outlet he has ever used. No one will write a lease on this vehicle.

Has anyone else had success obtaining a lease on an FEH?

Thanks

tcampb01 03-21-2005 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by ozoner
The first local FEH showed up in our midwestern town last week. The dealer was asking $2K above MSRP, not accepting X-Plans, etc. It was a pretty cool vehicle and we were hooked. We negotiated a 36 month lease and took delivery of the vehicle.

Now - a week later, Ford refuses to write the paper on the lease. With no rebates, no programs, the $2K premium, the lease value exceeded a 110% cap imposed by Ford. I have been called in to the dealership to pay an additional $1800+ in cash, which I have not yet paid.

The sales manager has tried every other leasing outlet he has ever used. No one will write a lease on this vehicle.

Has anyone else had success obtaining a lease on an FEH?

Thanks

If the dealer agreed to lease it and they can't find anyone to write the lease, it seems to me they should offer to reduce the price. Esp. since the *reason* they can't find a leasing company to write it is because the price is believed to be higher than the vehicle's value.