problem starting FEH

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: problem starting FEH

Originally Posted by cooperk851
Alright so i jsut put a new motor in mine and today was the first day we were able to try to start her up. When we turned the key she fired up but she only ran for like 2 seconds tops then she sputtered and died. Then we did this about 15 more times thinking that there was air or something in the fuel line and she kept doing this. Any ideas on what might be wrong with it?
You'd think in this situation that there'd be Check Engine/Service Engine dash light! You don't mention that. Of course, it doesn't run but a few seconds. Try a code reader/scanner to see if you have any codes. A start/stall should throw some kind of code.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:04 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: problem starting FEH

Originally Posted by wptski
You'd think in this situation that there'd be Check Engine/Service Engine dash light! You don't mention that. Of course, it doesn't run but a few seconds. Try a code reader/scanner to see if you have any codes. A start/stall should throw some kind of code.
yea we are going to try that today, we just have to see if one of my dad's friends are around cause they have a scanner. There is no sense to drag it all the way over to Ford leave it there for a week or so to have them put in a new sensor that we already have. Especially when most of the time they are clueless and have no cue what they are talking about lol.