Rented an Escape

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rented an Escape

The Prius has lots of storage with a lower & upper glove box, center console, and a drawer that slides out forward (down on the floor below the drink holders in the center console). The Escape doesn't have the double-glove box or drawer, but the center console is HUGE.

What you may not have noticed is that the console has an insert. There's a small insert (large enough to fit maybe a phone / ipod / etc. It comes out and there's a holder for it on the passenger side of the console. THEN... the larger part of the console ALSO comes out. There's yet another dovetail that hooks on to a holder behind the center console (in the rear seat). This reveals a storage opening so large that Ford claims you can throw a laptop computer inside.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks, TCamp. I did not notice the second option.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by diver110
Thanks, TCamp. I did not notice the second option.
While we are at it, that insert can be hooked onto the back of the console, to function as a trash can. There is a cutout at the rear top of the console that matches the insert.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by stevedebi
While we are at it, that insert can be hooked onto the back of the console, to function as a trash can. There is a cutout at the rear top of the console that matches the insert.
I think it was mentioned that both of these storage pieces can also hang on the passenger side of the console. so side or rear or inside..I do wish there was a under seat space for an air pump and jumper cables...

Old 04-30-2009, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
I think it was mentioned that both of these storage pieces can also hang on the passenger side of the console. so side or rear or inside..I do wish there was a under seat space for an air pump and jumper cables...
I can't see putting the trash bag on the passenger side, unless one never carried passengers...