ScanGaugeII and SoC XGauge

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: ScanGaugeII and SoC XGauge

Post #4 is the only outlier. Can we get Gene to confirm whether he has 3.15 or 3.15*

Old 12-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ScanGaugeII and SoC XGauge

Originally Posted by glennb
Post #4 is the only outlier. Can we get Gene to confirm whether he has 3.15 or 3.15*
I just PMed him.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I think it's the star ( * ) not the car.

Also, could be human error for "outliers".
It's really easy to mis key one of those fifty numbers!
Everything I've tried works in mine. I think BTM works, it's just not what we thought it was!

Old 12-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Enthusiast

I just checked it mine is 3.15*.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Red face Re: ScanGaugeII and SoC XGauge

Carl -

Any chance you could visit Ron at LL and quickly program/hook-up to a v3.15* SGII and confirm what we suspect? I don't think those of us with 3.15* should rush to any action until we fully know the root cause of the blank xgauge readings. [ I would look to LL to make a recommendation ]

And again, thanks for all your efforts.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:33 AM

Hopefully I'll be able to stop by this afternoon. I think there is little doubt that the microprocessor is the issue. I don't think going back to the old processor is a viable option because it was discontinued by Microchip and I don't know if LL has any SG's left with the old processor. I do agree that we need to give Ron some time to figure this out before he is inundated with requests for version 3.15 non-asterisk....

Old 12-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I ordered my SGIIxG recently, much later than most of you.
I just got it a couple weeks ago.
I got one with no *.
Was I just lucky?
Or are these the ones currently "in stock"?

Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
I ordered my SGIIxG recently, much later than most of you.
I just got it a couple weeks ago.
I got one with no *.
Was I just lucky?
Or are these the ones currently "in stock"?
Well, maybe I got it backwards and the * indicates the old processor....I assumed since 3.14 works that the newer processor was the problem. Couldn't get over there today, maybe tomorrow. If the problem is with the old processor, then I guess that would be better, BUT I don't know how LL would handle exchange requests.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Enthusiast

Mine was the SGII with the older software I sent it in and got it upgraded. I purchased it originally in July I believe. I have re-entered the numbers and checked them several times for SoC but it always comes up blank. Many others work fine. I notice that anything that begins with the same 74522 digits as the SoC does not work, traction battery temp as an example.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Just ordered Monday with the group buy at: http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showt...9515#post59515
for $150 shipped. Got it today and the first thing I checked was if I had the (*) on my 3.14 version. I did not, so the newer versions must be good to go. Don't have the time now to check SoC and all the other problems but I will as ASAP.

Wayne Gerdes said he will most likely do a second group buy if anyone is interested. I just can't believe what Ron and Carl has done for us with the new Xgauge. Don't get me wrong, I still like my Nav sys, but for $2,800 to get SoC, the SG11 is the way to go!

GaryG
Gary, are you saying that the new ones are shipping with version 3.1.4, not 3.1.5?

Also, I don't think there is a 3.1.4* version, the "*" was only on the 3.1.5. Anybody know for sure?

If the model that's currently shipping works with SoC on the FEH, then perhaps an exchange will be possible for those of us with non-working 3.1.5*.

Quick Reply: ScanGaugeII and SoC XGauge

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands