Where are all the '08 Hyrbid Escapes and Mariners??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:50 AM
08 MMH 4WD
Default Re: Where are all the '08 Hyrbid Escapes and Mariners??

Pat, maybe they will let you place a Credit Card down payment (or wire xfer) to hold one. Take a 1 way trip & drive it home over the weekend! (just remember to take your Ford letter & get a X-Plan pin from BlueOval forums to try & help save you some $$$ for all the aggervation you have had)

If I can drive a car leaving Ft. Lauderdale on a Wednesday afternoon & get to Denver before noon on Friday, I'm sure you can make a nice weekend trip up to Indiana from Texas.

If you do do something like that (sorry for the doo doo), get ready for the FULL security check at the airport. A 1 way last minute ticket can be a flag so wear clean socks!

Also this weekend would probably be better then next due to the holdiay. Good Luck if you try something like this.

Last edited by ICBMariner; 08-23-2007 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Adding suggestion for this weekend, not next
Old 08-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Pat where do you live?

Old 08-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast

We walked into Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood, CA on Tuesday hoping that there might be an FWD FEH we could test drive, and ended up driving one home. They told us that while most of the hybrids they get in are sold before they arrive, they fairly frequently will have one or two on the lot for a few days. I get the impression that they move a lot of hybrids. If you're looking for one and in the Southern California area, they might be worth checking out.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Everyone, I live in North Eastern Indiana. I just got a voicemail from someone at Ford Motor Corp., to have them call me back. My emails must be working.

I sent emails to bunch of dealers on autotrader.com. So interesting, most of them have orders placed that someone is canceling. Suprisingly all but one said they are willing to take x-plan. Dealers are the ones creating the frenzy, thats my guess. I think in 30-60 days the hype will be over.

If I dont do something, my local Ford dealer said they have a fully loaded Edge coming in. Not a hybrid, but appears to be a great vehicle.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:15 AM
N/A

Great news!!!

...or is it? Can ya get it?

Old 08-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Hybrid_SUV_Owner
Talking Re: Where are all the '08 Hyrbid Escapes and Mariners??

Originally Posted by turbotaguy
A friend of mine is trying to buy an '08 Hybrid Escape. I am considering a Hybrid Mariner. I have searched every dealer website in the state and have tried forddirect.com as well. Can't find a single dealer that has one, let alone finding one that is the right color, etc.

What gives? Is Ford not many of them any more? Seems like with gas prices so high they would sell if they were available.
Check out the other thread going "Lack of Ability to produce what they sell". Try autotrader.com. I found 100+ hybrids within 500mi of Washington DC. on a Ford Escape, keyword "hybrid" search. Some in the Plains (IN if I remember correctly) were selling about $1,000 below MSRP!!

They are out there, you just have to be willing to search. Unfortunately, the FEH isn't something most of us can hop on down to the local Ford dealer and find. Use the internet and pick up the phone.

(I know from personal experience...it was like this when they first came out in Fall '04..probably worse. It just takes some legwork!! )

Nate

Old 08-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

What I am finding is dealers are making false orders saying that customers are placing them.

Autotrader seems like a good start, but many of the dealerships are leaving non-existent vehicles on there website to get your name on a list.

I am trying to return a call to someone at Ford that left me a message.

I think in 30-60 days this is all going to blow over as dealers figure out they can't get above sticker out of them.

Where are you located?