Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Wiper blade replacement (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/wiper-blade-replacement-21783/)

icebluemariner 05-22-2009 12:45 PM

Wiper blade replacement

Anyone experienced removing the new style (08-09) one piece wiper blades? I see the pinch clips top and bottom, but does the blade slide toward or away from you, or pull straight back from the wiper arm? I don't want to bend the arm....

MyPart 05-22-2009 05:19 PM

Re: Wiper blade replacement

CHANGING THE WIPER BLADES
1. Pull the wiper blade and arm
away from the glass. Turn the blade
at a right angle to the arm.
2. Squeeze the locking tabs to
release the blade from the arm and
pull the blade away from the arm to
remove it.
3. Attach the new blade to the arm and snap it into place.
Replace wiper blades at least once per year for optimum performance.

icebluemariner 05-22-2009 05:40 PM

I got the fronts easy once I pulled the clip toward the windshield...but

now the back wiper has me stumped....:confused:

Looks like both the blades will be dealer purchased, as I haven't seen anything like them at retail/parts stores

GoGades 05-23-2009 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by icebluemariner (Post 203562)
Looks like both the blades will be dealer purchased, as I haven't seen anything like them at retail/parts stores

Has anyone found after-market blades in-store or online ? Drives me nuts to pay double at the dealers...

Billyk 05-23-2009 07:15 PM

Go to your local autoparts store and look for brands such as Anco, Bosch, Michelin for replacement blades. Heck, these local autopart stores are even known to install the wiper blades if you ask.

08hybridok 05-28-2009 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by GoGades (Post 203607)
Has anyone found after-market blades in-store or online ? Drives me nuts to pay double at the dealers...

I bought a pair of Michelin's at wally a few months back, and got like a $10 rebate to boot! :shade: Don't recall the price tho, $10-15ea maybe?

Haven't looked for rear yet, hope it's easy too.

Billyk 05-29-2009 02:16 AM

The rear blade on my 2005 model is 10 inches. I have not found any replacement in that size so I replaced with the OEM motorcraft blade.

icebluemariner 05-29-2009 10:35 AM

Bought the blades at cost at the dealership for the 08. The instructions were included. The back blade was a simple snap off, snap on.