Wrench Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Wrench Light

thats funny you mention that. my light started coming on after my first Oil change, I had suspected it had something to do with it. perhaps it's getting used to the new oil?

Old 04-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Danoby@gmail.com
thats funny you mention that. my light started coming on after my first Oil change, I had suspected it had something to do with it. perhaps it's getting used to the new oil?
Is it the oil change, or did you change air filters also. When I replaced our really dirty air filter the other day, the wrench light came on and we got the beep several times during the first say 30 minutes of driving afterwards (it would go off after a little bit), usually during acceleration or the ICE starting back up. Now it hasn't happened since, so I assume the computer adjusted to the new level of air flow and everything is okay now...

Old 04-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast

When I took it to get the oil change, They offered to replace my air filter, I never did. I''m using a fresh oil change with a semi dirty filter. Perhaps changing the air filter?
Although I did come across another post with a guy who has a FEH and he ran into the problem around 9000 miles. very close to my 8900 miles,.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Wrench Light

Great JOY, My wrench light finally went away! Took it to the Mazda Dealership and they were aware of the situation. (Well Mazda anyway)
As it turns out the hybrid needed a software update. Thats it.
Too simple if you ask me.