Amazed there aren't more FFH buyers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Canuck
Default Re: Amazed there aren't more FFH buyers

I think the Mid Atlantic to New England has seen a harsher winter this year than we have in Southern Ontario. We got some snow but you may have received more, especially in the mountains. I have found that the climate control allows me to direct heat to my feet and when it's on it works well - I leave it off until the engine has warmed up first - typically about 10 km = 6 miles.

I have a rear window defogger (wires in the glass) - don't know if they would come with this south of the Mason-Dixon line. It will get rid of fogging up from interior moisture (mostly from breathing) and on the windshield we end up using the defroster. We still are using our scrapers on all the outside windows before we start in early April. The windshield washer fluid is supposed to be good to -50 degress F but if there is already a coating of frost, it may just smear a thin layer of ice before you get enough fluid on to melt the frost. Good news is that it is getting warmer.

I have 45,000 km = 27,000 mi on it and I am getting about 6L/100km or 38 mpUSg. By Summer this should be up to 47 mpUSg or about 55 mpg Imperial.