Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Fusion Hybrid (Lincoln MKZ) (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-fusion-hybrid-lincoln-mkz-81/)
-   -   Amazed there aren't more FFH buyers (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-fusion-hybrid-lincoln-mkz-81/amazed-there-arent-more-ffh-buyers-24897/)

ncp10 08-14-2010 10:21 AM

Amazed there aren't more FFH buyers

But I don't know if this forum correlates well with sales. This is a fantastic car!

Noel

TechExplorer 08-14-2010 12:02 PM

Re: Amazed there aren't more FFH buyers

we are out here ! , This site does not have much activity with the FFH.

ncp10 08-14-2010 05:54 PM

Knock on wood I have had great luck so far with this car. My only complaint is with the glass in the windshield. It seems it has some sort of permanent plastic coating on it and it is impossible to clean like any other new piece of glass I've cleaned in my 57 year history! I think it is a safety glass issue and while I can clean it so it looks fine for most conditions, rain does not wipe completely crystal clean and also when you drive in the early morning towards the sun you can see streaks in the plastic film. Believe me, it has nothing to do with cleaners, cleaning method, etc. I've checked all of this out to the max and have used everything from petroleum based glass cleaners to clay to finally, acid wash. Acid did the most to help with how rain behaves, but the coating fully remains, and in fact looks worse over time. I'm praying for a nice rock so I can replace it with regular glass!

TechExplorer 08-14-2010 07:21 PM

Have not had that problem,Cleans well no streaks in Sun,I use a Microfiber Cloth,does good Job.

Frodo 08-15-2010 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by ncp10 (Post 226071)
But I don't know if this forum correlates well with sales. This is a fantastic car!

Noel

Likely has to do with availability and price point. Last time I stopped by a Ford dealer, the FFH was only available by special order with a wait of several months; maybe it's gotten better, but you couldn't tell from Ford's O/L tool; there's not one listed available in all of Jax. There's also the fact that the hybrid is on the top end of the Fusion price scale which likely makes for low take rates relative to the more reasonably priced versions virtually certain.

Given the new MKZ pricing strategy where the base version is priced on par with the 'conventional' V6 version (and the MKZ is a 'super-tarted-up' Fusion, after all), I wonder if hybrid take rates will improve. Taking a quick look at Lincoln O/L inventory, that doesn't seem to be the case.

pintuhs 08-15-2010 11:47 PM

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid is truly the magic and wonder of Ford Motors. The technical features and the specialties of this vehicle are amazing and quite aggressive. Delivering 191 horsepower is one of the best thing one can ever have in their own. Also the other factors are quite impressive. Launching this vehicle has again proved the technical supremacy of Ford Motors and has created a new dimension and era for the company.

cazort 09-10-2010 01:18 PM

This car wasn't on the market when I bought my car (I bought a used 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid). If it had been, I would have checked it out. It sounds like a good car, but I have yet to drive one so I will reserve judgement.

Honestly? I couldn't care less about power. I'm a conservative driver, rarely go more than 5 mph over the speed limit. I've driven both the Prius and HCH, and I honestly strongly prefer the HCH because it's gentler and smoother on the acceleration. The Prius is jumpy. With the HCH I feel more in control. The braking is also smoother.

People glorify cars with high horsepower, and particularly cars that "feel fast" (a subjective measurement that I think does not correspond at all to horsepower--I think the corolla for instance "feels faster" than the civic) but often these cars are not particularly safe. What I care about is whether the car offers smooth, controlled acceleration and braking. This is what affects safety in the day-to-day use of the car.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've put the pedal to the floor in my car. I've driven in all sorts of conditions in all sorts of cities across the U.S. and I've never needed (and only rarely used) that kind of acceleration. And with such a "wimpy" car as the HCH I (3 cylinder--the HCH II offers a little more with its 4 cylinder + IMA), it begs the question...who legitimately "needs" this sort of acceleration? I think it's an obsession with hot-rodding that probably just puts peoples' lives at risk--both of the driver and other people on the road.

08FEH 09-10-2010 01:22 PM

I'm trying, I'm trying.