Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Motor Company (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-motor-company-61/)
-   -   09 Escape Hybrid has a P0AA7 Voltage Isolation Sensor Circuit (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-motor-company-61/09-escape-hybrid-has-p0aa7-voltage-isolation-sensor-circuit-32333/)

accent2010 06-08-2020 07:00 PM

09 Escape Hybrid has a P0AA7 Voltage Isolation Sensor Circuit

This 09 Escape Hybrid only has 90k miles. The battery works fine however the wrench light is on caused by DTC P0AA7 which means Voltage Isolation Sensor Circuit error. Factory manual says replace the battery but I'm trying to save it. Any solution? Thanks in advance!

Evilshedd 06-20-2020 01:14 AM

Re: 09 Escape Hybrid has a P0AA7 Voltage Isolation Sensor Circuit

Originally Posted by accent2010 (Post 270584)
This 09 Escape Hybrid only has 90k miles. The battery works fine however the wrench light is on caused by DTC P0AA7 which means Voltage Isolation Sensor Circuit error. Factory manual says replace the battery but I'm trying to save it. Any solution? Thanks in advance!

Mine has had the same code for months now and hasn't affected its performance as far as I can tell. There isn't alot of information on these escape hybrids like the Prius and such. Since buying one and building a charger I tuned it it up and it ran just find. My SOC is where its expected. Every so often I'll charge it for a bit but they are meant to run between a lower SOC and maybe 60% tops but more like 50ish. I'd love to add some more batteries and convert it to a plug in hybrid but no one is doing it... If I discover it's anything but the module inside the battery pack which is what I've gathered then I'll let you know. Hopefully ill have an extra one in a used pack I want to get along with some tuning software. But I'm pretty certain it's that sensor or module and no one at the deer wants to fool with opening a battery pack. Just replace.