Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Fuel Economy & Emissions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/)
-   -   Decrease your vehicle's environmental impact (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/decrease-your-vehicles-environmental-impact-2563/)

hawkGT647 06-15-2005 11:46 AM

Decrease your vehicle's environmental impact

Check it out at:

http://www.terrapass.com/

Regards,

EricGo 06-15-2005 06:55 PM

Re: Decrease your vehicle's environmental impact

Hi Hawk,

I've looked at TerraPass before, in addition to other schemes like purchasing green energy from my local utility.

In a nutshell, I want to spend my $$ *expanding* green energy, not enriching middle-men to purchase what is already on the market.

zadscmc 06-15-2005 07:04 PM

I don't understand this.

I am using about 1500 gallons less of gas per year because I have two hybrids. Why would I do this?

I don't follow the logic.

Stevo12886 06-15-2005 07:29 PM

A novel Idea to fund important projects. I only wish they would go in a different direction. The majority of there projects seem to be aimed at Wind Farms...in my eyes, a bad idea. The methane and other projects were quite good though.
To me...there are better systems out there. There is an option with our local energy provider (and i'm sure others) that allow you to purchase a block of "green energy", in other words Nuclear and Hydroelectric in our area. By going this route with large numbers of people, the public want for clean energy will be apparent to the power companies and they will be far more likely to build more facilities.

Just my .02
Cheers, Stevo

Delta Flyer 06-21-2005 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by TerraPass Founder
We fully expected to target SUV drivers with SUV guilt," he said. "It just doesn't exist"

Instead, he's been travelling to environmental fairs pitching the idea to those who, for the most part, drive fuel efficient small cars and gas/electric hybrid vehicles, according to CNN.

CNN Story

DHonzik 12-14-2005 02:00 PM

Besides TerraPass there is DrivingGreen

I am currenty doing both programs for my 2005 Prius.

EricGo 12-14-2005 02:15 PM

How much *new* clean capacity on the national grid can be claimed by either TerraPass or DrivingGreen ?

I said it before in other threads, but is seems to bear repeating: these are scams.

xcel 12-14-2005 02:19 PM

Hi DHonzik:

___A little OT and about your location … WE (Wisconsin Energy) received permission to build that 1.2 GW coal station on the shores of Lake Michigan in Oak Creek. IIRC, it is in its beginning phase of construction as we speak with all the permits locked down, right? From what I have read, it is going to use ancient technology with barely passable EPA based NOx and PM emissions let alone the huge amount of CO2 that will be released. I also read they are paying upwards of $1.2 Billion USD for it? That is more then a Nuke costs for similar output today let alone the huge expenditure in fuel costs and emissions vs. a Nuke. I just wonder if you have been following the details in your local paper over the last 2 or years and your thoughts … Until the California job situation came up, I was considering working up there myself to shorten my daily commute.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

abowles 12-16-2005 06:06 PM

EricGo - what other threads?