Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Lakedude takes the gloves off...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Lakedude takes the gloves off...

I'm impressed Lakedude! Huge improvement over last tank. I'm glad to hear that it is sustainable. I just past 700 miles on this tank, currently showing 85.5 MPG, also sustainable. That includes about a 3MPG hit from switching to my new tires. I'm saving the "golden tires" for the marathon run. Wouldn't want anything to happen to them in the mean time. Currently they are under lock and key at fort knox.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

DeeDee is so a-stuupid!

Did you ever expect to be doing so good with your Prius when you bought it? I've got a GreenHybrid plate holder that claims 55mpg because that is what I thought that the car would get. I couldn't be happier with this current tank (except maybe if it was higher than yours :-) ).

Old 07-26-2005, 05:54 PM

You know what I got today? A stinking 42.7. Can you loan a brother a 10 or so mpg I was doing so well but the last day and a half I've been getting below my average. Time to check the tire pressure I think.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Tom,
I would be happy to give you maybe 2MPG, just enough to keep me above Lakedude. :-) I have had a lot of stress lately. I have shared my technique with the HCH guys and they are nearly beating me over the head with it. It's only a matter of time before I am overtaken. I will enjoy the lead until Lakedude, RJ Barlow and Hot Georgia (not to mention countless others) forge into the nineties. At that point, I may have to consider taking my gloves off. Until then, I will keep them on.

Comon Prius guys! Some help here please!

Holding down the fort for now. ;-)
Competition? What competition.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Lakedude,
I just got the deedee joke. For the Dexter afficianados, it is more like DeeDee is so a-stuuuuuuupid aaa!

Today is a wonderful day for science!

Old 07-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Well, if you are offering --

I want a composite of road, MFD, speedometer, and voice. That would be awesome !!!

Old 07-26-2005, 06:34 PM

Hi EricGo:

___We have a Krousdb and his perfectly setup Prius II video planned which will blow your socks off

___Afterwards, I am going to somehow get Lakedude up here on my own test segment for some P&G - HCH hypermiling fun too

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Last edited by xcel; 07-26-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wayne,
If you can get Lakedude, Hot Georgia, RJ Barlow or any of the awesome HCH hypermilers up there, you can bet I will be there too. I need help from the IMA guys. I have run out of ideas.

Well...... almost.

Old 07-26-2005, 08:18 PM

Hi Krousdb:

___I would love to get Bill G., Dave B., Rick Reese, yourself, Lakedude, RJBarlow, and Hot_Georgia_2004 together for a shindig. Can you imagine our combined efforts with discussion and multiple driver practice and training sessions to optimize the HCH’s and Prius II’s FE performance at varying speeds and conditions to within an inch of their respective absolute maximum’s? Oh boy would I love to do a write up after that afterwards!

___I am still looking forward in seeing what a Prius II and HCH w/ a stick is worth in a distant and close in draft at 65 + mph, how the Prius II acts in a “Forced Autostop” (Full Neutral in the Prius II) from 65 to < 5 mph, and how both the 5-speed and CVT versions of the HCH accelerates from a variety of speeds while maintaining lean-burn all the way up to 60 + as well.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 07-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by krousdb
Tom,
I would be happy to give you maybe 2MPG, just enough to keep me above Lakedude. :-) I have had a lot of stress lately. I have shared my technique with the HCH guys and they are nearly beating me over the head with it. It's only a matter of time before I am overtaken. I will enjoy the lead until Lakedude, RJ Barlow and Hot Georgia (not to mention countless others) forge into the nineties. At that point, I may have to consider taking my gloves off. Until then, I will keep them on.

Comon Prius guys! Some help here please!

Holding down the fort for now. ;-)
Competition? What competition.
Dan,

You really don't have anything to worry about from us HCH guys. We (RJ and I) are using your P&G technique and while we are doing very well (high seventies/low eighties) we are no where near what you can do. I think 90mpg is out of reach for the Civic.

Last edited by lakedude; 07-27-2005 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Lakedude takes the gloves off...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands