Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   General Motors Corporation (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/general-motors-corporation-62/)
-   -   2009 Chevy Silverado Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/general-motors-corporation-62/2009-chevy-silverado-hybrid-22563/)

Ruminskirl 09-03-2009 08:31 AM

2009 Chevy Silverado Hybrid

I work for a small Police Dept. in Florida. We purchased the Silverado Hybrid as an unmarked vehicle to be used in our Aggressive Driving and Road Rage unit. While getting the vehicle ready for the road I have run into a problem with the Traction and Stability control.

All of our units must have their speedometers calibrated by a second party shop approved by the state. I took the truck over to the local shop who does our calibrations using a drive on dynamometer. The dyno sits under the read tires and display the speed of the vehicle from stop to 120 MPH.

The problem we are having is that the Trucks computer will not allow the rear wheels to spin faster than 15 MPH. I called the chevy dealer and he gave me the procedure for turning off traction and stability control for a regular pickup but, this does not work on the hybrid. I can only assume that the extra Hybrid components are not allowing the rear wheels to spin with out seeing the truck move forward.

If anyone here might have some Corporate contact info for GM I would greatly appreciate the assistance. The local Dealer appears to be having problems finding the right engineer to talk to.

I cannot get this vehicle on the road until the speedometer gets calibrated.

Hillbilly_Hybrid 09-03-2009 01:59 PM

Re: 2009 Chevy Silverado Hybrid

There is a special CAN Controller Area Network message that needs to be sent to put it into "dyno" mode. It is a hybrid only thing.

Normally a dealer would not know how to do it.

Ruminskirl 09-04-2009 06:03 AM

Re: 2009 Chevy Silverado Hybrid

Thanks for the info. Now, how might I go about sending this code to the computer?