Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   General Motors Corporation (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/general-motors-corporation-62/)
-   -   service hybrid system (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/general-motors-corporation-62/service-hybrid-system-32479/)

Gilreath 11-11-2020 12:05 AM

2009 chevy silverado "service hybrid system"

I have a 2009 chevy hybrid mode 2.
last night the truck ran fine, in the morning it wouldn't start. There is a "Service Hybrid System " indicator light on now. I changed the 12v battery, checked fuses and checked voltage from the hybrid batteries, they total 309v when i checked them. What could be the issue?

S Keith 11-11-2020 07:55 AM

Re: service hybrid system

The issue is cross posting the same thing in 3 different places.

The next issue will be you responding to the above.

Gilreath 11-11-2020 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by S Keith (Post 271729)
The issue is cross posting the same thing in 3 different places.

The next issue will be you responding to the above.

Do you really think that is the problem? 🤷‍♂️

If you can't be helpful just stay quiet.

sepmaret11 11-12-2021 11:18 AM

you need to use an obd2 scanner and an app to figure out what the issue is but most likely your HV battery is going bad if its just an unbalanced situation doing some conditioning could extend its life but if there is a bad cell (aka blade) it is not going to work and will need Speed Test to be repaired or replaced.

Tahoe_08 11-13-2021 07:48 AM

Re: 2009 chevy silverado "service hybrid system"

Originally Posted by Gilreath (Post 271726)
I have a 2009 chevy hybrid mode 2.
last night the truck ran fine, in the morning it wouldn't start. There is a "Service Hybrid System " indicator light on now. I changed the 12v battery, checked fuses and checked voltage from the hybrid batteries, they total 309v when i checked them. What could be the issue?

pull the codes

a cheap OBD2 might be able to get the code from the freeze frame data