Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   2010 Escalade Hybrid Rattle noise (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/2010-escalade-hybrid-rattle-noise-31112/)

Tenzo 02-26-2017 06:15 AM

2010 Escalade Hybrid Rattle noise

Just purchased this about a month ago for my wife, while driving we hear a noise as decribed above. Seems to be after you get to speed of around 20-40mph and it fades in and out, I don't know if it's part of the hybrid system or not. I have made sure that there is nothing rattling around in the glove box, even though the noise seems to be lower in the kick panel area, I've pressed on the panel itself and tried to isolate it, to no avail. I have checked the brakes and I put new Michelins on it and looked over all the front tie rods and ball joints, wheel bearings too. Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hillbilly_Hybrid 02-28-2017 08:16 AM

Re: 2010 Escalade Hybrid Rattle noise

Is it in V-4 when it "fades in and out"?

evois 03-01-2017 08:09 AM

Normal sound of the beast.

Tenzo 03-29-2017 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tenzo (Post 262006)
Just purchased this about a month ago for my wife, while driving we hear a noise as decribed above. Seems to be after you get to speed of around 20-40mph and it fades in and out, I don't know if it's part of the hybrid system or not. I have made sure that there is nothing rattling around in the glove box, even though the noise seems to be lower in the kick panel area, I've pressed on the panel itself and tried to isolate it, to no avail. I have checked the brakes and I put new Michelins on it and looked over all the front tie rods and ball joints, wheel bearings too. Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you