Chevy Tahoe Hybrid Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Chevy Tahoe Hybrid Forum

I'll confirm that my Tahoe Hybrid does not have the curb tilt feature on the mirrors either, even though this is listed in the documentation. I never had that before, so I don't miss it. It isn't listed in the check-box configuration menu. There isn't a trailer button either.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:01 AM
04 prius 350,000km

lol won't someone let me know if the N is a auto-stop switch for the 2 mode hybrids... dying to know badly! and if N does auto-stop the engine can it go beyond the 30 mph ev mode limit?

Old 08-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by philmcneal
lol won't someone let me know if the N is a auto-stop switch for the 2 mode hybrids... dying to know badly! and if N does auto-stop the engine can it go beyond the 30 miles per hour ev mode limit?
I finally remembered to check. Putting the Tahoe in N after starting does not auto-stop the engine. It continues to run until it get warm enough and it auto-stops on it's own (from stopping or slowing down).

The GM 2-mode does not display SOC, so it is a lot harder to predict when the ICE will run when you are in EV/stopped.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:20 PM
04 prius 350,000km

do you have access to a scangauge? so at least when its operating temp (i'm predicting 70 degrees C or 158F?) it starts shutting down the engine when you let off the gas? i could live with that but then I don't want to regen... so if i were to slap it into N then it would still auto stop or would actually revive the engine? If thats the case then that sucks a lot of *****, because i want to coast and use the Tahoe's big momentum of 5600 lbs dammit!!!! But yeah like you said no way to determine SOC... because if SOC is low then engine is more tempted to turn on quicker. (I guess a plus for the aspen/durango hybrids that DO have a SOC display).

Oh and I was curious is there any regen in N? If that's not the case then the economy meter would swing all the way to the left if you were to brake in N?

I wonder if you had the engine block heater, how much would that preheat the engine to? and of course the wattage it eats because i don't want to blow any fuses!

lol thanks for the answers tijbbari your doing this man a big favor

Last edited by philmcneal; 08-28-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Phil,

I don't have a scan gauge, although I'm thinking about getting one just for SOC.

I can't replicate the Prius 'glide' (no arrows to or from battery) but the Tahoe does coast with your foot off the accelerator A LOT more than the Prius. Once you hit the brakes, it also stops a lot better than a non-hybrid chevy truck. Where the Prius feels like a standard transmission, significantly slowing with the regen, the Tahoe fells more like a regular chevy truck when coasting. Barely riding the gas (like when gliding in the Prius) will keep the instant mileage at 99. Despite the energy arrows flipping back and forth, seems be the best I can do for coasting. I don't really pulse drive because of traffic, so it isn't something I do very often.

I guess it comes down to feel. I don't really look at the screen anymore when driving the Prius - I just know I'm in the right zone. I try to drive the Tahoe the same way. The energy screen is so low, it is hard to watch while driving anyhow. I just monitor the instant mpg display. Keeping the economy gauge centered is another way to avoid fast acceleration and braking too hard.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Enthusiast

So I am thinking or purchasing a hybrid tahoe 2008. Both that I am looking a are 100 to 120 thousand miles. Are there any issues that I should be aware of. The infamous battery replacement. I currently drive a 2010 tahoe and know about the door locks and other little things..just looking for some feedback.

Thanks

Old 02-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Administrator

I currently have 110k miles on my escalade hybrid and it has been extremely trouble free. I will probably keep til 300k miles. btw the battery 300v is good for 300k miles.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Enthusiast

Great thank you!

What year do you have?

What milage do you typically get?

Do you do anything special for service? Dealer or private only?

Thanks

Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Administrator

I bought mine new in 2009 and had been serviced in the dealership all the time and I bring my own mobil 1 5w/30 extended performance as well as mobil or a/c delco filter. mileage depends on driving habits. premium fuel gives me 25mpg highway and from 17-20 city. regular is consistently only 17 city and 19 highway.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:44 PM
aka soulsea

Man, it's been quiet around here lately ... almost too quiet!

Where are all the Hybrid peeps at?

Quick Reply: Chevy Tahoe Hybrid Forum

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands