I am satisfied with GM and my dealer for giving me a new Yukon Hybrid!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default re: I am satisfied with GM and my dealer for giving me a new Yukon Hybrid!

Originally Posted by Red
Don't confuse what it would cost you to have it repaired with the dealer's cost to have it repaired. If the dealership charges $27 an hour for internal body work and it takes 8 hours, thats $216 - far under the Texas $500 limit.

They would not have to do their computation at retail prices. Of course, it should have been repaired before they sold it to you. Sounds like there is still damage.

You might ask them to fix it and give you an extended service contract on the vehicle, just to keep you happy.
That is an excellent point, is that the going labor rate at a dealership bodyshop? $27/hour????

Old 01-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default re: I am satisfied with GM and my dealer for giving me a new Yukon Hybrid!

Another option to consider is reporting it to your vehicle insurer. Your point is that the damage occurred prior to you owning the vehicle so it is likely not covered under your insurance. However, you bought a new vehicle, it should not have had any damage and now you discover damage. The damage occurred through no fault of your own so it should not affect your rates. If your vehicle insurer denies you coverage (as pre-existing damage) that decision would be more evidence to support your claim against the dealer. Just a thought.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The internal labor rate is what the sales department pays their body shop to do repairs. It can be exactly what they pay the body man or paint man to do the work.
Some dealerships give a little mark-up to the body shop but it won't be anything like what they would charge us for the same work.

There really is no profit if the dealer is selling to him/herself. Profits come from outside customers buying products and services.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:42 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default I don't know...

what others are or have paid. mine was an 08 and sticker on it was 57K (its got everything!)
I think i would try to settle with them without a lawyer interference. Maybe some weather reports of hail in the time period they had the car on the lot might be enough to persuade them that you have been talking to a lawyer and make them want to settle quietly and quickly. A mention of district attorney interest might also help.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast

See, now I feel I am building up a legal arsenal, I will consider contacting my insurance company if the dealer does not attempt to do what is right, now I have printouts of local hail and severe storms that happend on the 1st of June, 2009 around the area.

I got a call from Weslaco Motors, they want me to bring the truck to them so they can take a closer look, I am hesitant to bring it to them since I know they are only going to say the same, we'll fix it for you, there is nothing wrong with it, etc... Now they want $8000 for the upgrade to 2010. Still pretty steep right? How should I counter? Should I bring them the vehicle?

Oh, and I am contacting the office of the county's DA tomorrow.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

BetterCorp,
I think you have one of two decisions here to end this is a good way. One have the Vehicle fixed like new by the Dealer at no cost to you or two counter there upgrade to a 2010 and meet half way, after all if you do pay a little more you are recieving a new Hybrid. So if you want a brand new 2010 and you pay a little more its not a bad deal and if you have your vehicle fixed like new, either way I think you will have a great vehicle. $8,000, maybe counter at $5,000 and end up at $6,500, not a bad deal and just an idea.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks, $5000 sounds reasonable to me, I really would prefer not to have them fix my hybrid.

Also raises another question, if I do get a 2010 will I be entitled to 2 different tax credits? How would I file? Does anyone know about this?

Old 01-28-2010, 01:40 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default i'll bet you could half that

Originally Posted by bettercorp
Thanks, $5000 sounds reasonable to me, I really would prefer not to have them fix my hybrid.

Also raises another question, if I do get a 2010 will I be entitled to 2 different tax credits? How would I file? Does anyone know about this?
IE 4k....

Old 01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Well, the initial purchaser of the hybrid gets the credit, and you will be the initial purchaser of two hybrids, so I don't see why you wouldn't.

*** none of the above should be considered legal or financial advice ***

Heck, anything with an "fjungman" in it shouldn't be considered good advice, at all...

Old 01-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

good luck bettercorp. you seem to have a good case, I wouldn't accept anything less as well. oh and thread title is just fine in my book.

Quick Reply: I am satisfied with GM and my dealer for giving me a new Yukon Hybrid!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands