installed the volant intake today

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: installed the volant intake today

Originally Posted by Rockytfox
It's a good point/question. We've had 10" of snow on the ground for the past couple of weeks so I haven't been able to evaluate under normal conditions. I do recall reading about someone who had experienced immediate decreases for the first week and then saw a 1-2 mpg increase after that. I'm sure % of highway driving would account for that.

I am planning on doing a 2/3 drop to achieve better handling and hopefully increased mpg.

I am definitely wanting to do a 2/4 or 2/3 drop on mine as well. I have been researching air bag kits and different companies. Please keep me informed what kit, how much etc... I just don't want it to make it ride like an old farm truck but I have 24's on mine and just hate the fender gap front and esp back. Thanks for all your help.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:22 PM
A little insane at times

Originally Posted by IknewbutIforgot
I am definitely wanting to do a 2/4 or 2/3 drop on mine as well. I have been researching air bag kits and different companies. Please keep me informed what kit, how much etc... I just don't want it to make it ride like an old farm truck but I have 24's on mine and just hate the fender gap front and esp back. Thanks for all your help.
Funny you should ask...here's what I think I am planning on getting. http://www.tbssowners.com/store/inde...&productId=181

Tony (Norcal77) is a member on TahoeYukonForum and is very helpful. He owns a shop in SoCal and does a lot of custom work. The only downside to this kit is requiring the removal of the rear brackets.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:59 AM
Enthusiast

just not sure I wanna drop a grand plus install on it. I am really twisted about it, I sometimes think it is sitting low enough but I sometimes think otherwise. I was thinking about bagging it, as I currently live in the Midwest where weather is bad in winter. It would be nice to be able to raise and lower vehicle. I also realize this will be more money... ugh....

Old 02-22-2014, 06:26 PM
A little insane at times

Originally Posted by IknewbutIforgot
just not sure I wanna drop a grand plus install on it. I am really twisted about it, I sometimes think it is sitting low enough but I sometimes think otherwise. I was thinking about bagging it, as I currently live in the Midwest where weather is bad in winter. It would be nice to be able to raise and lower vehicle. I also realize this will be more money... ugh....
Hey Charlie, did you install CAI yet? Also, where are you in the Midwest? I'm in KC...

Old 03-04-2014, 02:27 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rockytfox
Hey Charlie, did you install CAI yet? Also, where are you in the Midwest? I'm in KC...

Yes, I did get the CAI installed, it fit perfectly and it sounds so much better. The filter is huge and I should see some good increases in power. I had planned on having the resonator cutoff and will but the weather has been so bad, I just drive my old pick up around. I normally make a 50 mile trip with hills and such once a week but I don't drive the con in bad weather with the 24s on it.

I guess I said Midwest and its the northwest from what I am told. I am in Montana and it was -51 out here last month. I know everyone is having crazy winter but we had 70 plus mph winds and 30 plus mph winds for days and days...

Old 03-04-2014, 07:26 AM
A little insane at times

Awesome. Glad to hear it worked out for you and met your expectations. I just ordered my lowering kit and stiffer sway bars...it'll be here on Friday.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Enthusiast

Please keep my posted when you get it lowered. I am currently looking at a 2/4 drop on mine. the one I am looking at is drop spindles in front and 4 inch lowering springs with extended pieces to give shocks full travel. link to your set up ?

Old 03-04-2014, 09:07 PM
A little insane at times

Here's the one I ordered. When I looked at the drop spindles it seemed like way too. Much work and I wasn't sure it would ride any better. I'm curious to know your thoughts on the drop spindles vs drop shocks up front. As you can see, I am also dropping the 4" springs in the rear and will be replacing the stock shocks too. Anytime you drop 3 inches or more in the rear, you are supposed to cutoff the rear bumpstop brackets for additional travel "free travel mod". Are you going to cut off the brackets?

http://www.tbssowners.com/store/inde...&productId=144

Almost forgot...I ordered the djm front and rear sways also.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:09 AM
Enthusiast

Im not sure which I am gonna order. Belltech has a great rep and that is the way to go with new shocks since itll be apart. I am considering bagging mine as I can raise it up if hauling anything or drop it down for the dragged look. I have been on ebay looking for 2/4 inch kit like yours but I live in pot hole, snowy and crazy weather so the ability to raise it up is a consideration. Let me know how it rides. I haven't heard that you had to cut brackets with the new shocks, I was told by a "tech" that shocks were set for it and no need to do that... but I really don't know....Please let me know how it rides !

Side note, back to thread I guess...lol.... I absolutely love the Volant intake. I have had vettes and mustangs and high hp cars with exhaust. I am still shocked how good this sounds when throttle is put down and I know it picked up hp, I can feel it.

I finally made the 45 or 50 mile trip each way AFTER the install. I picked up 2.9 miles per gallon driving 65 miles per hour on cruise both ways, drove at night, about same temp, same amount of gas in tank and zero traffic as I drove late late at night. It will pay for itself pretty quickly at this rate. I am having resonator cutoff tomorrow and may have air compressor installed under vehicle since there will be so much space if I end up air bagging the con. Thanks for the advice on this CAI

Old 03-28-2014, 02:14 AM
Enthusiast

http://imageshack.com/a/img812/2466/ijn0.jpg

Quick Reply: installed the volant intake today

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands