Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   interesting no start issue (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/interesting-no-start-issue-26973/)

jet1 07-01-2011 08:41 PM

interesting no start issue

my 08 yukon wouldn't start the other day .... of course we were going on a trip and it was saturday. tried all sorts of things incl jump start but the car was totally dead.
i give up and call for a tow after much @#####@$%^ the truck gets there and I figure i should push it out in the driveway a bit. put the key in, shifted to neutral out of park and then just for a laugh I tried to start it again......OF COURSE it started right up in neutral!
I am assuming there is a micro switch out of adjustment when its in park however it hasn't happened again. waiting for the next oil change to see if my thoughts are correct.

just a handy hit at this time.

evois 07-01-2011 10:37 PM

Re: interesting no start issue

I realized no gas causes a no start issue also.

KC135R 07-02-2011 02:01 PM

There are a number of things that could cause a no-crank condition. Since you didn't mention it, I take it there were no malfunction lights or message on the cluster during the crank attempts or subsequent restart? Might be worth a trip to AutoZone to sign out a code reader and pull codes.

jet1 07-02-2011 04:26 PM

it was TOTALLY dead

Originally Posted by KC135R (Post 236263)
There are a number of things that could cause a no-crank condition. Since you didn't mention it, I take it there were no malfunction lights or message on the cluster during the crank attempts or subsequent restart? Might be worth a trip to AutoZone to sign out a code reader and pull codes.

no chime with the key in .... no crank....no nuthin! its under warranty so I will just let the dealer fix it,,,sure was odd though

Hillbilly_Hybrid 07-11-2011 06:05 AM

12V ignition feed issue??

jet1 07-13-2011 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid (Post 236391)
12V ignition feed issue??

terminals looked ok and were tight and clean so it would have to be downstream,,,,maybe a relay but that doesn't explain why it started in neutral but was completely dead in park thanks for the other thoughts i'll explore a bit more