just found out something about ALL new cars thats distressing

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: just found out something about ALL new cars thats distressing

Hi Jet 1 yes you are correct I see the same thing as well 99 to 100MPH. I am sure it is changable but like you have said before what about the warranty issues? No question like in aviation this is legislation for you.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:03 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default there may well be a 2500 duramax in my future

Originally Posted by kklein
Hi Jet 1 yes you are correct I see the same thing as well 99 to 100MPH. I am sure it is changable but like you have said before what about the warranty issues? No question like in aviation this is legislation for you.
chevy 2500 crew cab duramax allson, I hate to think of it but when will they give us back our country. I'm not a pickup fan but those, so far, haven't been legislated to death. Or perhaps I'll get a g55 AMG and say to hell with US cars. I am being put in an interesting position since I am trying to support American manufacturing.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

They have had this in the EU forever. Before the speed limiters, you would get pulled over and if you were exceeding the speed rating of your tires, you would get another ticket for that.
Now with electronic nannies, we shouldn't be able to exceed them. I had the Tahoe past 110MPH last year running to the hospital. That may have been due to the steep dips (whoop dee doos) in the road I was on, as the limiter would let it go to max speed, but won't engine brake on the steep downhills.
Anyway, it is a no-brainer to get rid of the speed limiter, but it really is stupid to do it past the speed rating of the tire anywhere it gets warm. Out here I get in the desert once in a while, and running at 90MPH for an hour, then hitting it up to 125 or so on 90MPH rated tires would be just plain dumb on 150 degree+ blacktop. I'd rather my car remembered the sidewall rating for me, than my wife remembering it when she is out driving to vegas in it.
Anyway, if it bothers you Jet, go get it removed, it is an easy fix, and you can get the HP boosted while you are at it.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:02 AM
FLY NAVY!

I have 118 speed rated tires...it just bothers me that the safety police think they need to protect me from my self, but then I guess most people don't have a clue about tire speed ratings ....

Old 06-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Jet,
Why are you upset about that? I'm upset about the explosive devices they put in my steering wheel and dashboard. The one that could kill my wife if she is looking in the glove box if it decides to go off or if my son is riding in the front seat when it deploys.
Or how about the remote vehicle shutdown, where a cop can have your car shutdown while you are driving it if you don't pull over for him.
I think there are real reasons to be PO'd, not a governor that can be easily removed.

By the way, I'll be inviting people along when I **** on Ralph Nader's grave, if you would like to join me.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:05 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default lol!

By the way, I'll be inviting people along when I **** on Ralph Nader's grave, if you would like to join me.

I had a 65 corvair corsa turbo convert....I have NEVER FORGIVEN him for killing the corvair....i'll be there!

Old 06-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

65 Turbo... Too Cool. I'm taking my 66 Corsa convertible north to my sister's place for the summer. 300 mile drive, all back roads. The previous owner put in new push rod tube seals and put the tubes in backwards. Fixed all the oil leaks and adjusted the 4 carbs.

A link about the Senate hearings on the allegations made by Raplh and the tax payer funded report that said Ralph was WRONG.

http://www.corvaircorsa.com/handling01.html

Old 06-25-2010, 09:49 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default sounds like a fun drive...

I had to sell mine to add money to a house down payment....wouldn't mind having it back now, even my wife thought it was fun!

http://www.corvaircorsa.com/handling01.html[/quote]

Old 06-27-2010, 05:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

yeah, some of them won't tell you those things at first. You'll be the one to discover but I haven't had any experience such. Maybe, you must do some research first and there are so many discussion on site wherein you can get some advise as well. Sorry to hear that.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Administrator

it is correct, have hit limiter at 100mph

Quick Reply: just found out something about ALL new cars thats distressing

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands