Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Mostly better, but still not enough time in AutoStop (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/mostly-better-but-still-not-enough-time-autostop-31275/)

tiktok4321 08-02-2017 09:22 AM

Mostly better, but still not enough time in AutoStop

After spending countless dollars and hours in various shops and dealerships, and after a battery compartment cleaning and a tightening of the 12v, the poor performance between the shifting from AutoStop to Engine Mode has improved dramatically. In two weeks, the PA061B and PA0AC4 codes have not returned. MPG is better - 18.5 when my wife drives, and 19.2 when I drive vs the low 16s.

But I still don't get much time on Autostop. Everyone claims the Hybrid battery and the 12v battery are healthy.

Any new or other ideas? I read somewhere (maybe on GH) that the 12V for these vehicles are special because of the constant state of charging and discharging. They are not your typical 770 CCA battery. Any truth or thoughts about this? IF the 12V is that critical, could a problem in it not be detected and cause issues?

Any thoughts outside the two battery systems?

Hillbilly_Hybrid 08-02-2017 12:13 PM

Re: Mostly better, but still not enough time in AutoStop

Driving in Auto-Stop or time sitting with AC on etc?

What is outside temperature there?

tiktok4321 08-02-2017 12:16 PM

As soon as I posted that, I considered that. Live in Savannah, GA, and it's HOT HOT HOT. High 80's to Mid 90's. And very, very humid. I leave my headlights on, and full blast A/C.

S Keith 08-02-2017 01:26 PM

FWIW, the 200V pack on the Prius can only run the A/C for about 3-5 minutes in normal circumstances. Older, deteriorated batteries may only run it for 1-2 minutes yet still deliver acceptable performance.

tiktok4321 08-03-2017 05:08 AM

Maybe that's all it is. My wife, in particular, likes to crank it down to 60, full fans. I'll run 68 degrees on Auto.

Hillbilly_Hybrid 08-03-2017 07:30 AM

94F and just over 90% Relative Humidity that AC compressor is going to pull over 5000 Watts.

Plus ~ 750W engine fan Plus Both cabin fans...

tiktok4321 08-03-2017 10:28 AM

I get the 5kw for the compressor but 750 watts for each fan???

Hillbilly_Hybrid 08-03-2017 11:23 AM

Main Engine fan Cabin blowers less but two of them in SUV

dawgfan1606 08-05-2017 03:10 PM

Tiktok - I'm in Atlanta and I have noticed that my Autostop is horrible lately and my engine fans are LOUD and blowing non-stop. Hence my horrible battery time. The other night it was fairly cool and I had the AC off and while sitting at a drive thru, the engine was off and the entire truck was silent for about 5 minutes. However, I still cannot get over 10mph in electric no matter what I do, but going down a hill at about 20mph it will go into autostop. Maybe I am expecting too much since my area is a combination of hills and flat.

tiktok4321 08-05-2017 04:15 PM

After about two and a half trouble free weeks, the codes and jerking started up again. I bought a brand new 770 CCA 48/7yr from the dealership. Kept the old. We'll see if that changes anything.

How hard is it to get to the aux transmission control connector? Would like to spay some connector cleanser on it.