No AutoStop 2009 Hybrid Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No AutoStop 2009 Hybrid Escalade

Originally Posted by joeb00gie
The 12V battery is probably at least 5 years old maybe even as old as 7 but I just asked my dealer to find out for sure...I will repost once I find out. Do you think I should just change it if it's reached a certain age?
change it and clean the wires and posts very well at 5-7 years old the service life is gone
your problems will get worse and worse and the hybrid is heavily depended on the 12+volt system
This is the one i bought
https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart...up-H6/40647528

it has a 5 years free replacement warranty (it has a updated label ) BEST in class warranty.. and free install (very easy to swap out all you have to do is take off the fender support bar)

make sure the cables are nice and snug 08/09 have an issue that cause them to come loose

my city Mileage has improved quite a bit to 27mpg after swapping and cleaning the wires they were pretty crusty my voltage improved by 0.15 as well from 14.65 to 14.8volts while charging.. ⚡ 🔋 🔌

normally once the 12v+ voltage is in a certain range i think 12.3v the engine will be forced ON or No autostop

I have not had any issue with the Autostop since replacement of the 12v+ battery and cleaning of the wires..

you will be wasting money if you replace those other parts for nothing if you don't have a code to replace them

these are code I have gotten on a faulty 12 volt battery

p061B
Internal Control Module performance
U180F Control module communications Error
P0AC4 (To turn on Check engine lamp)
p0069 (All ready replace the MAP sensor an Cleared CEL a month 1/2 ago)
P0C32 Battery Cooling system (it also points to the 12volt system)

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 12-12-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

NOTE: the engine does not need to be running (firing) to charge the 12V system! The Accessory Power Module is capable of over 1500 Watts of power in Auto-Stop or any propulsion system active state.

Further. While keeping the many grounds clean and attached is a real good idea and preventative of odd behavior. The Regulated Voltage Control software (RVC) in these vehicles is in-charge of the 12V system voltage.

The use of Wipers, Headlights, or High HVAC loads will force RVC to a higher voltage. If RVC thinks the 12V battery is low it will bump up near 14.8 or more.

During the day with light accessory loads the voltage will drop to 12.8V or so. RVC (Fuel Economy Mode)

Same RVC strategy on alternator equipped. It's all "normal"

Old 12-14-2019, 01:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
NOTE: the engine does not need to be running (firing) to charge the 12V system! The Accessory Power Module is capable of over 1500 Watts of power in Auto-Stop or any propulsion system active state.

Further. While keeping the many grounds clean and attached is a real good idea and preventative of odd behavior. The Regulated Voltage Control software (RVC) in these vehicles is in-charge of the 12V system voltage.

The use of Wipers, Headlights, or High HVAC loads will force RVC to a higher voltage. If RVC thinks the 12V battery is low it will bump up near 14.8 or more.

During the day with light accessory loads the voltage will drop to 12.8V or so. RVC (Fuel Economy Mode)

Same RVC strategy on alternator equipped. It's all "normal"
if it was not depended on the 12+battery it would have never stalled out from an auto resume

the whole 12volt system went down when the battery could not deliver as soon as it dipped below 11volts from an auto resume,, at lest the "computers "SHUT down causing a stall out FROM running in EV mode.. At lest it was at a protected left turn other wise there would have been a severe crash since the limit is 45 in that spot..

the only thing that did work was the power steering which is ran off the inverter 48volt

The old battery was a known faulty battery as it had previously ran down to 8 volts after being off for 2 days..
it failed on a cold spell when there was a huge temperature swing basically it went from being in the low 100s to in the 30s with in a couple of days..

I have not had ANY autostop resume issues since including but not limited to
Stall Outs
AutoStop Lag or aka Aux Transmission pump issue
misc electrical issues..

I had 40 auto stops yesterday... no issue
yet with the bad battery there was an issue around every corner ..
I have also Reinstalled the old Map sensor as well ,YES the one that would instantly Check Engine Light With P0069 P0420/P0430 with the old battery..

This is why i suspect the ground wires are the main issue at hand they are old dirty gummed up high impedance connections,,, that need to be dealt with ....

it just means i'm on the right track to solving it. and the crusty ground wires are the culprit..

I was trying to find a place to get my fan cleaned out but everywhere wants to charge for a diagnostic fees upto $275 I told THEM needs maintenance and not repairs.. the shop boosts claims that they do maintenance on hybrids cleaning the fan is maintenance.. I need to change out the Dirt in my fan , for a clean fan I left them a bad review on yelp saying the website they had was dishonest..

the dealer also wants to charge the same amount but did not specify the type of work that would be done for 270$

No one wants to service them so it's DIY type of thing with these 2modes unless you pay a excessive amount of money for diagnostic upfront..

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 12-14-2019 at 01:31 AM.