Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   ordered my volsnt intake wed (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/ordered-my-volsnt-intake-wed-24003/)

jet1 03-06-2010 08:59 AM

ordered my volant intake wed

got here friday! of course thurs i had my left rotator cuff repaired and the tendons reattached that were torn away,,,,,I dont think i will install it any time soon...

kklein 03-07-2010 06:16 PM

Re: ordered my volsnt intake wed

Jet 1 hope you feel better. Make sure all the parts arrived, my kit was missing parts. Its about 2 hrs to install, not to bad at all, looks great and you will see a MPG improvement.;)

kklein 03-09-2010 03:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Volant Engine Modification Pictures.[ATTACH]Attachment 1393[/ATTACH]

kklein 03-09-2010 03:25 PM

I could drop in and install it for you!!!!;)

jet1 03-09-2010 07:06 PM

thanks for the pics and offer...

but it can wait....I havent even driven it in a week!

kklein 03-10-2010 04:27 AM

Hope things are mending.:)

Hillbilly_Hybrid 03-10-2010 06:13 AM

Does the mass air flow sensor come from Volant or do you re-use it?

And I'm volunteering to keep Jet's baby company if he can't fly for a while.

jet1 03-10-2010 12:54 PM

maf is reused

just slightly different plumbing and air box

Hillbilly_Hybrid 03-10-2010 01:27 PM

Thanks. I see in Ken's pictures that it appears to be a large bore and large radius to the throttle body. Should increase flow. Air turns corners better with larger radii. Also no Helmholtz Resonators. The factory puts in those funny shaped appendages to reduce induction noise for pass by db regulations. Volume, length, and opening area = Hz.

The sound should be quite different. Hopefully a nice V8 roar not a 4 cyl MOO.

kklein 03-10-2010 03:02 PM

It has a nice V8 roar and you reuse the mass air flow sensor. I used the carb shop flow chamber to check it. The chamber is designed for stromburg carbs (Radial Engines Carbs), No a requirement just wanted to make sure the set point was the same and would work, its fine.:shade: