Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   POBBD " Hybrid battery pack voltage variation exceeded limit" (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/pobbd-hybrid-battery-pack-voltage-variation-exceeded-limit-30690/)

evois 02-18-2016 05:08 AM

Keep us updated.

CaddyHy 02-18-2016 01:55 PM

Re: POBBD " Hybrid battery pack voltage variation exceeded limit"

Originally Posted by evois (Post 259206)
Keep us updated.

Sure will!

Beaten Path 03-15-2016 06:50 PM

I just recently got those codes plus some others at 84k miles. I'll have to look at my service receipts for the others.

When I took my 08 tahoe hybrid to the dealer, they said my auxiliary transmission pump was bad and that the hybrid battery might be bad as well. but i'd have to fix the former before they could check the latter and replace it under warranty. So I had the aux trans pump replaced (with the 2009- version). The dealer then test drove it and no check engine light came on. this meant they could not replace the battery under warranty. so they gave the truck back to me noting that the CEL may come back on. After about a day, the CEL came on again. Took it back to the dealer and they diagnosed a bad hybrid battery. Now I have a brand new one, free of charge! I believe the battery changed in 2009 so I"m hoping I see some mpg improvement.

I know there was an additional code that meant a brake switch was bad so I had that replaced as well. I'm hoping all of this will also mean the elimination of my lurching/hesitation issues.

evois 03-16-2016 04:39 AM

8 years/100,000 miles in all hybrids.

dc100 11-07-2016 10:04 AM

Did you ever find out the issue?

Hillbilly_Hybrid 11-07-2016 12:56 PM

P0BBD is bad and requires follow-up. A good tech can use the GM scan tool to narrow it down to one of 2 cells in the battery.