Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Service Traction Control/Service Brake System Warranty Claim? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/service-traction-control-service-brake-system-warranty-claim-31769/)

dnt1010 02-15-2020 04:20 PM

Re: Service Traction Control/Service Brake System Warranty Claim?

Awesome and glad it was so simple on yours. On my 2009 Tahoe Hybrid I just got a OBD code C12D8 code and no power brake boost as of late this afternoon. The code description is some mumbo jumbo about "ABS Base Brake open solenoid driver shorted" will have to dig into this tomorrow hoping someone has had the issue and are familiar enough to recommend a fix? Doing some digging this afternoon on the internet. Looks like I may have a ABS control module issue. From what i am seeing the control unit is external to the hydraulic pump and valve body it utilizes actual magnetic solenoids

dnt1010 02-18-2020 07:56 PM

My ABS control module was bad. It had a bad seal at the connection to the valve body and water had been seeping in for what looks like a long period of time. Some of the chrome solenoids had rusted and all were caked with moisture residue. Used module off a wrecked 09 hybrid and i am back in business now.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gre...09d9db15fe.jpg

Hillbilly_Hybrid 02-19-2020 07:57 AM

What does a wet bird weigh?

dnt1010 02-29-2020 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid (Post 270104)
What does a wet bird weigh?

Here is the story behind the wet bird weight. Working in construction as I do. I have run across some real characters over the years.
So a youngster comes in as a new project manager and gets sent out to a major Union construction project, he is eager to learn and asks a lot of questions and is really watching how stuff gets assembled welded etc. Gets to thinking that he pretty much knows everything in just a short period of time.
Young Project manager is out on the job one day and walks up to a seasoned welder that I guess had had enough of the constant Bird Dogging. Welder says so "Boy" do you know how much a wet bird weighs? PM looks confused and says well No I don't. Old grizzled welder flips his welding hood back and says well boy I figured you would know how much a wet bird weighs since YOU ARE **** A BIRD DOG. been laughing at that for months now and of course every new PM that comes through gets set up for the "treatment" out on the job.A Classic and just too funny.
We have a fella here on the forum that if a vote was done I think would easily win the name Bird Dog award. His screen name starts with a S K Hahahaha

For those uninitiated in the construction industry. Bird-Dog = To watch someone closely while making no attempt to hide that you are doing so.