Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Tahoe Hybrid Navigation Menu Set as Default (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/tahoe-hybrid-navigation-menu-set-default-30566/)

Dirtrunner21 11-09-2015 06:41 PM

Tahoe Hybrid Navigation Menu Set as Default

Howdy! Just looking to see if there is any known way to make it so the Hybrid tab of the menu is displayed by default on every start up instead of having to go to it every time.

Thanks!

NiKMP 01-05-2016 07:40 AM

Re: Tahoe Hybrid Navigation Menu Set as Default

I think I read somewhere that there is no setting to set the Hybrid screen as default.

I too would like the hybrid screen as default. 99% of the time I know where I am so the GPS display is useless (the GPS system is rather useless in general. My favorite line is "Proceed to route start for guidance". Most of the time if I knew that I wouldn't need guidance! But I digress)

If you are into hacking, one option is to build a device that would create a single contact closure when the vehicle starts. The contact closure would bridge the manual button making the car think you pushed the Hybrid button. It may need a time delay to let the electronics get started before making the contact closure. Discrete component one-shot circuits are common or you could make one using a Arduino type controller. None-the-less I have not created one to set the hybrid screen.

Dirtrunner21 01-07-2016 01:54 PM

Very interesting suggestions! I may go that route.

Thank you

NiKMP 01-07-2016 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dirtrunner21 (Post 258756)
Very interesting suggestions! I may go that route.

If you do, post back here the results. Inquiring minds want to know.