Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Torque Pro Custom PID and Battery Test Results (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/torque-pro-custom-pid-battery-test-results-31736/)

??? 12-26-2022 08:51 AM

Re: Torque Pro Custom PID and Battery Test Results

interesting. I don't know much about the batteries, just what I read. no hands on. sKeith seems to have a ton of knowledge on that end.

As for towing, my owners manual is basically just a standard yukon manual with a small sub manual tossed in with it for the hybrid stuff. like if you didn't read the little add on, my manual would make it look like it's a flex fuel e85 truck. but the hybrid has no tuning or sensors to run e85. the owners manual is just very vague. I have looked front to back and not seen anything about towing. like said it makes sense to me to run it on M4 thou and definitely wouldn't hurt anything but fuel mileage which still pretty good for a standard truck. hybrid hillbilly is the screen name of the guy that was saying just let the computer do its thing, and I'm about 90% sure he was involved with gm while these trucks being build. he seemed to have some interesting inside knowledge but he is long gone through which is a shame.

my battery packs were toast, maybe #1 cell might have been worth something, but doubt anything else. I. caught one cell hitting lole 6v during cranking the engine, which it should be 14 or so. even Nexcell has a recycle program that will give you like 100$ and pay for shipping back for your used cells, except for the truck packs. I think they know there's nothing useful in them and would just lose money on the shipping. where a prius might have some good owns left.

Mishipeshu 12-26-2022 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by ??? (Post 276439)
interesting. I don't know much about the batteries, just what I read. no hands on. sKeith seems to have a ton of knowledge on that end.

As for towing, my owners manual is basically just a standard yukon manual with a small sub manual tossed in with it for the hybrid stuff. like if you didn't read the little add on, my manual would make it look like it's a flex fuel e85 truck. but the hybrid has no tuning or sensors to run e85. the owners manual is just very vague. I have looked front to back and not seen anything about towing. like said it makes sense to me to run it on M4 thou and definitely wouldn't hurt anything but fuel mileage which still pretty good for a standard truck. hybrid hillbilly is the screen name of the guy that was saying just let the computer do its thing, and I'm about 90% sure he was involved with gm while these trucks being build. he seemed to have some interesting inside knowledge but he is long gone through which is a shame.

my battery packs were toast, maybe #1 cell might have been worth something, but doubt anything else. I. caught one cell hitting lole 6v during cranking the engine, which it should be 14 or so. even Nexcell has a recycle program that will give you like 100$ and pay for shipping back for your used cells, except for the truck packs. I think they know there's nothing useful in them and would just lose money on the shipping. where a prius might have some good owns left.

I created a new thread and uploaded a few GM/Chev Hybrid Truck Owner Manuals, 2010-2013.

Older than 2010 are available at the official experience.gm.com website.

https://electricvehicleforums.com/fo...ferrerid=85353

I hope it helps you out.
Jaco

Mishipeshu 04-24-2023 09:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
2013 Chev. Silverado Hybrid Battery Test
190.870 KM, No codes.
During hard acceleration, the truck will hit rev limiter about 3-4 times and then drop RPM while it accelerates.
I was only able to charge back up to 47% after the test before the engine cut out.
I was only able to pull 0.4 amps consistently with AC on full, (set to 16C but outside temp was 10C), mirror heat on (no rear defrost), radio on.
The current fuel economy is down to 7.1 KM per Liter, (16.7 mpg) 60/40 highway / city, using winter tires and in 4x4 auto for the whole tank.

Once I have the new Lithium pack assembled and installed, I will run this test again.
I am looking forward to your comments Keith.

Cheers,
Jaco

??? 04-24-2023 11:09 AM

is 0.4amps all you could get before it started the engine? mine pulls 10amps with just the ac on max with the windows down. I didn't even need the defroster and stuff.

have you tried popping the hood and revving to 2k and watch the state of charge come up to. 70% before the test? that's how I did mine.

Mishipeshu 04-24-2023 11:31 AM

I could not get it to 70% were you in neutral or park. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I used the instructions Keith shared.
Even with the hood open it goes to zero amps before 70%
I will wait for some warm weather in the next few days to put more load on the system.

Have you ran a test with the new lithium pack?

I will be doing a few quarter mile pulls and 0-60 to compare as well.

S Keith 04-24-2023 11:35 AM

On some vehicles, the current reading is completely unreliable. The only thing it can be used to reliably determine is if it's charging or discharging, and if it's relatively constant.

S Keith 04-24-2023 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mishipeshu (Post 276988)
2013 Chev. Silverado Hybrid Battery Test
190.870 KM, No codes.
During hard acceleration, the truck will hit rev limiter about 3-4 times and then drop RPM while it accelerates.
I was only able to charge back up to 47% after the test before the engine cut out.
I was only able to pull 0.4 amps consistently with AC on full, (set to 16C but outside temp was 10C), mirror heat on (no rear defrost), radio on.
The current fuel economy is down to 7.1 KM per Liter, (16.7 mpg) 60/40 highway / city.

Once I have the new Lithium pack assembled and installed, I will run this test again.
I am looking forward to your comments Keith.

Cheers,
Jaco

You skipped SETUP step 5. The only data present are the GPS values.

??? 04-24-2023 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mishipeshu (Post 276990)
I could not get it to 70% were you in neutral or park. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I used the instructions Keith shared.
Even with the hood open it goes to zero amps before 70%
I will wait for some warm weather in the next few days to put more load on the system.

Have you ran a test with the new lithium pack?

I will be doing a few quarter mile pulls and 0-60 to compare as well.

what pid are you using for amp?
I'm using 2240d2 for pid and ((signed(A)*256)+B)/20) for equation.

for mine.. truck running in park. pop the hood it will start. Rev up while watching start of charge with everything off. when it gets to its max, mine would hit 70. got out close, it will go into auto stop, hit record and turn on ac and everything you can think of to get max discharge. being a yukon mine has heated and cooled from and rear seats and all kinds of stuff to turn on. then follow the rest of what Keith posted. I don't remember 100% but I believe you run it down till it cranks and keep recoding till it shuts back off again.

yes I did my before and after, as well as a screen record from driving around about 4 months into the install. it's back a few pages. plan on doing it once a year to see how they are doing.

below 10mph I can get a lot of load out these packs, I don't remember the number off hand, but I could tow a car trailer with car around the parking load and gas stations easily in auto stop and even off road up till about 10mph, after that you gotta be really light as it seems the computer limits how much current you can use the faster you go.

??? 04-24-2023 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by S Keith (Post 276992)

I did same thing the first try, thinking it would record what I had on the screen. it does not haha

Mishipeshu 04-25-2023 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by S Keith (Post 276992)

I guess I don't know what 5. Flag the GM PIDs for logging in Torque Pro means.

Will figure it out and try again.

Thank you