Upgrading to Rosen Nav Head Unit and rear view Camera

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Upgrading to Rosen Nav Head Unit and rear view Camera

Originally Posted by HyHoe
That's a really clean install TH.

I'm actually surprised that the Silvy Hybrid doesn't come stock with the GM nav unit, but that's probably a good thing considering the pos that it is.

I wonder though, does the Rosen display the hybrid/2mode drive screen?

HyHoe,

The Silverado has a couple of trims sold in Canada and US markets. Over those trims also they are options added by the customer on the dealer.

Sadly this 2011 is bought off shore at a Chevrolet Dealer. Is not made in Canada or US as my previous Hybrids.

Is ambled in Mexico. The Trim is a mix off all out comfort, and less techs gadgets. It has leather, sun roof, center console, electric seats, etc.. Has a crappy head unit, and backup sensors don't have the in cab light warning signal you can view on the rear view mirror.

As for the Rosen Unit, NOPE. It can not display the Hybrid functions in your pic. My other silvy made in Canada can do that.

But over all, I gave up that, for all the sound control and quality+Video I won with the rosen unit.

Stock Silverado head unit does not play videos as the Tahoe unit. They are different models, but looks like the same on the out side !!!!

Old 09-17-2011, 04:51 PM
aka soulsea

Originally Posted by Time Hybrid
As for the Rosen Unit, NOPE. It can not display the Hybrid functions in your pic. My other silvy made in Canada can do that.

But over all, I gave up that, for all the sound control and quality+Video I won with the rosen unit.
Good stuff TH.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what GM is thinking with this antiquated, featureless, and quite frankly terrible nav unit.

First of all as we all know it hums like a 95 Gateway because it's the last nav on earth to use a DVD instead of a hard drive. This also precludes users from updating maps, poi, and firmware/software ... lest of course they drop $160 or so on new dvds every year or so.

I've ranted so many times about this I bore myself, so I'll spare everyone the second and third of alls.

If it didn't come with my truck and wasn't under warranty I'd already have chucked it over a bridge.

Aaaaaaanyhoot ... congrats on the new and sweet system.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Any tips for cleanly getting the dash apart?

Also - I assume the head unit will work with XM - do you know?

thanks - great pix and info!

Old 09-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LakeSilverado
Any tips for cleanly getting the dash apart?

Also - I assume the head unit will work with XM - do you know?

thanks - great pix and info!
Sorry for the lack of step by step pics. I did the thread for a general info only.

Next upgrade I promise step by step pics.

The Rosen unit have the XM radio conection on the back. (We don't have that service here yet, but we have Disney radio...lol)

This is from Rosen WebSite:

GM-Series Special Features
Supports Factory
OnStar, Standard
& Bose Audio Systems,
XM Tuner,
All Chimes,
Factory Bluetooth & Rear Seat Video Screens

Old 09-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Enthusiast

Where did you hook up the gps antenna? How Did you do it? Could you upload the install instructions? Sorry to be asking alot of questions. I just am trying to make sure I buy the right unit. Your system/ set up looks great. Sweet truck by the way. I am new to these sites. So i apologize if i ask to many questions or dumb questions. Thank you

Old 09-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

The GPS antenna was installed in front of the Light sensor.

Got to take a pic of that and post it.

I'm not sure how to upload the Install instructions.

Thanks for the complements on my truck.

Ask all you want. We are a helping community

Old 09-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast

How did you do that? Do you have a simple way to do that?

Old 09-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Enthusiast

was it under the dash or above the dash?

Old 09-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cats09
How did you do that? Do you have a simple way to do that?
Simple enough, it comes with a metallic square piece, with double side tape on one side. I tape it over the dash. The antenna has a magnetic base, and holds it self to the metallic thingy.

I put it over the dash, because I read that some ppl placed the antenna inside the dash and worked perfectly, and other did the same and didn't work so good.

So I didn't take any chances, and it doesn't look bad at all. Nobody notice it at all.

Tomorrow I'll take some pics and post them.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Enthusiast

Hey since its been a few months and u have had time to fully play with the Rosen. How do you like it now? I have an 07 Tahoe and need a new radio and was looking at this one and the Advent OGM1. But thing is i just found a deal to get the Rosen for like $550 and that beats a the $1k prices.

So im not sure if i will truly like the Rosen and was just hoping for some feedback. Also if you in California how good are the gps maps??

I wanted a radio with gps,bluetooth,dual zone cuz i wan to put headrest screens in.

How did you do the DVD bypass?

Quick Reply: Upgrading to Rosen Nav Head Unit and rear view Camera

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands