What Mileage are you really getting?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What Mileage are you really getting?

After 58,000KM in 10 months mostly highway 35.6 MPG.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:28 PM

Ken: did that moose hit change the aero numbers? 35? wow. With the cold on the way you will most likely give up some.

That remote start is nice but it's hell on fuel economy. I'm seeing Volts on the roads around here. Must be company car guys. Supposed to be on sale in Michigan yet this year.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Thumbs up Re: What Mileage are you really getting?

I am really happy with the Hybrid numbers, added a Transformer Camaro to the fleet, Volt next.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Enthusiast

I am seeing 18-19 combined. I have a heavy foot, and don't try to squeeze every inch out of a gallon of gas. Loaded with people, pulling a loaded utility trailer, I saw 19.5 round trip from Billings to the coast and back.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Kasey,
Sounds like you are getting exactly expected performance from the Tahoe. Zero chance of getting those MPG numbers from a conventional Tahoe 4x4. My favorite parts are the better acceleration and the deadly silence at stoplights.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Driving city/highway with max speeds at 70 mph and getting about 17.3
Tried keeping the max at 65 and it increased to 18.8

Last edited by Ed Blown Vert; 10-29-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
Keep driving city/highway with max speeds at 70 mph and getting abour 17.3
Tried keeping the max at 65 and it increased to 18.8
It may be because of your new 20 inch rims you have on.

I just put on a new set of 22's last week, I don't really know what the MPG have dropped to quite just yet, But the MPG numbers on the dash seem lower now around town then what i'm use to seeing when I had the stock 18's on it.

About a month ago I drove it up to northern california on the stock 18's using shell 89 octane fuel and averaged 21 mpg, But on the way back using 89 chevron I averaged 24 mpg. It was just a little over 1000 mile drive round trip.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fun Times
It may be because of your new 20 inch rims you have on.

I just put on a new set of 22's last week, I don't really know what the MPG have dropped to quite just yet, But the MPG numbers on the dash seem lower now around town then what i'm use to seeing when I had the stock 18's on it.

About a month ago I drove it up to northern california on the stock 18's using shell 89 octane fuel and averaged 21 mpg, But on the way back using 89 chevron I averaged 24 mpg. It was just a little over 1000 mile drive round trip.
I forgot about that. I wish I could recalibrate the tire size. Seems to be off about 1-2 mph.

What were your speeds?

Old 10-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
I forgot about that. I wish I could recalibrate the tire size. Seems to be off about 1-2 mph.

What were your speeds?
I had a good drive with no traffic at all really both ways, Mostly stayed between 76-78 MPH the whole way, Didn't go past 83 MPH when needing to pass another car/truck, ect.

I'm not sure yet if the speedometer is out of adjustment yet or not with the new 22's, I have not passed one of those radar speed signs yet to see if it's off or not, They are too new, Also my wife drives it most of the time to work, ect.

The tires are 285/45/22 Hankook ventus st rh06, And these tires get really good reviews, And I agree so far, they are nice looking and performing in all aspects mentioned by others.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ventus+st+rh06+

The new tires.

Also here are the new VERDE AVATAR rims I put on it.

http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4...ed=0CCsQsAQwBg

Old 11-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Enthusiast

Hello all, I am a newbie here. Been searching for a fourm about Hybird Tahoe. I am looking for 2008 to 2010 use Tahoe Hybird. I was on one site, it seem it was a sale man from a dealer put his input in. I was looking for real people driving hybird. Question.
Do you reall get or close to the mileage they claim?
Does anybody have problems with the brakes or it shutting down?
I really apprecited any input. I also pull a 25' pontoon boat in the summer. I know mileage will go down. Tx Tom

Quick Reply: What Mileage are you really getting?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands