HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Airbag light

Originally Posted by poscivic
Sounds like you go something going on with the weight sensor. Just a guess but have you check under to see if any cable are loose or if there is like a water bottle or something under there?

Yup, might be a loose connection or something.
However, the SRS light doesn't come off when you give something a "tap", thus you need to do the reset process to make the indicator light go away isn't it?...and if there is still a problem somewhere in the system, the light would come back on.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bgkz25
However, the SRS light doesn't come off when you give something a "tap", thus you need to do the reset process to make the indicator light go away isn't it?...and if there is still a problem somewhere in the system, the light would come back on.
No I don't need to do a reset process just tap the passenger sit and it will go away, I have to do that everytime light is illuminated. If i dont do anything it will go off then on then off then on, you know what I mean.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bgkz25

OK. If you have chance next time, can you try to put the belt's "tongue" into the buckle and check what happens to the indicator light?

Old 02-25-2012, 07:05 AM
Enthusiast
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States of America, Earth, Milky Way
Thumbs up Re: Airbag light

Originally Posted by bunso
Ok, thanks for the reply. My problem is Side airbag light will lit. If I give a passenger chair a good tap light will goes out. Dont know why any idea? thanks
I was just reading about this in my owner's manual, because my side airbag light was on. Apparently, this light comes on when you lean against the door alot. It doesn't indicate that there is anything wrong with the side airbag system. It is simply a warning that your posture may interfere with the deployment of the side airbag system in the event of an accident. The side airbags need a space in between you & the door to deploy properly to effectively help cushion you from a side impact. No reset is required for this. You need only adjust your posture so that you're not leaning on the door.
Therefore, you tapping on the passenger seat may seem like what is causing the light to go out, when really, it may be the motion of doing that that's getting you off of leaning on the driver's door. Then it comes back on when you relax onto the door again. Then you hit the seat again... & the cycle continues. So my advice is either adjust your posture, which is what the light is designed to do, or just ignore it.
It is also possible that there is a sensor malfunction that is falsely tripping the light. Although I have no specific knowledge of where the sensors are that triggers this light, I would speculate that they're in the door. So if you suspect a malfunction, this is where I would start. But I don't think that a malfunction is likely.
I hope this helps.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Enthusiast

I have same issue, but i think the code is 4.1, or something with passenger belt, I hate to deal with dealer