Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH I-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/)
-   -   Anyone have their engine not start after auto-stop? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/anyone-have-their-engine-not-start-after-auto-stop-12349/)

Tim 02-18-2007 08:04 PM

Anyone have their engine not start after auto-stop?

My 03 HCH CVT is at 60K miles. A couple weeks ago, as I was pulling into the parking lot at work, the car auto-stopped (as ususal). Car was in drive, so I shift to Park (as usual). When the engine tried to restart, it fired up, then the RPM dropped, and then the engine stopped. Took maybe a second to happen. It's happened twice now. Both were cold mornings, but in the low 40's - this after a 23 mile drive to work. It only seems to happen when shifting to Park when auto-stopped - never happens on the road when I'm in drive.

Thoughts?

cb450sc 02-19-2007 01:40 PM

Re: Anyone have their engine not start after auto-stop?

Sounds like a fuel problem?? Have you taken it to the dealer? What did they say?
Good luck with it!

Harold 02-19-2007 04:51 PM

Do you still have your foot on the brake when it starts? It should not restart if you have. I always go to drive 2 when I park, then shift to park and turn it off.:shade:

IMAhybrid 02-20-2007 10:27 AM

Hmmm, I wouldn't notice that kind of problem in my car since I shut it off before I shift to park.

Harold 02-20-2007 11:12 AM

That is probably more economical. Good idea! Thanks

gumby 02-22-2007 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by IMAhybrid (Post 112611)
Hmmm, I wouldn't notice that kind of problem in my car since I shut it off before I shift to park.

Same here. Usually, anyways.

LoudMusic 04-18-2007 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Harold (Post 112529)
Do you still have your foot on the brake when it starts? It should not restart if you have. I always go to drive 2 when I park, then shift to park and turn it off.:shade:

According to the '04 book the engine will restart if you release the brake or make any change to the transmission - even going from Drive to Neutral. Is this different for '03? And this is exactly what happens in my car. When I come to a stop and the engine turns off and I am getting out of the car I always turn the power off before putting the transmission in Park, as to avoid the engine restarting right before I turn it back off.

tbaleno 04-23-2007 01:54 PM

What the book says is supposed to happen and what does happen are sometimes different. In my 03' Sometimes shifting gears will restart the engine, sometimes it won't.

IMAhybrid 04-25-2007 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by LoudMusic (Post 121518)
According to the '04 book the engine will restart if you release the brake or make any change to the transmission - even going from Drive to Neutral.

My car stays in autostop when I shift to neutral from drive until I take my foot off the brake. As soon as I put it in reverse though it will start up, no matter where my foot is.

greenhome 04-25-2007 02:55 PM

i have noticed in my 94 manual that if the clutch is not fully depressed .i mean fully it will not start must push clutch if you have one alllllllllllllllllllllllthe way