Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH I-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/)
-   -   Honda Civic Hybrid Transmission Died (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/honda-civic-hybrid-transmission-died-24456/)

GreenBoy 05-20-2010 02:05 AM

Honda Civic Hybrid Transmission Died

I always happy to bring my civic hybrid wherever I go but last week I had a problem with the transmission because it suddenly died when I was driving on the road. I tried to check it but couldn't find the caused so I called a help and
since I have an important meeting I had to leave it in the shop and when it was fixed already I never asked why because I had to go elsewhere really important too so I just pay it. What do you think maybe the reason?

oldag98 06-03-2010 09:10 AM

Re: Honda Civic Hybrid Transmission Died

Not enough info given to diagnose, but I can say that when the computer senses a potentially bad issue occurring somewhere in the car, it will go into safe-mode and shut the entire car down. If this happens, disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes for the computer's memory to clear, reconnect battery, and it should start. Check to see if check engine light is on. If on, use code scanner to retrieve DTC's from computer and go from there.

sv1684 06-15-2010 05:03 PM

Re: Honda Civic Hybrid Transmission Died

hopefully it has under 105k on it and is still under the extended warranty, if not get ready for a hefty bill. I have an 03 and luckily only had to replace 1 transmission, i purchased it with 60k on it, and given their horrible track record it has probably had one or 2 before it. I have 202k on it now (knock on wood). Fix it and get rid of the car and if you are going to get a honda, get a early-mid 90's accord or civic if you want reliability. Your HCH is a lemon just like mine. And don't waste your time or money replacing the cat or airbag sensor or egr valve, i'm driving mine until i blow another trans or flywheel then sending it to metal recycling